Sony Vegas Error

Saturnity

Reputable
Jan 11, 2017
Alright so I just recorded a bit of gameplay with my friend, I leave the game, and go to Sony Vegas. I tried uploading the video to SV and it says

"Warning: An error occurred while opening one or more files. An error occurred while opening a codec."

My codec is Xvid? Problem?

Solution
Yeah go get the newest one from the website. It has all the options (and a new look apparently). Once you update there will be a "..." box next to the FPS and there is where you set it to be CFR.

I circled the area you need to look at. Also check to make sure your vegas is up to date, 14 and 15 has recent patches that fix codec issues.
3HcBibo.png

Saturnity

Reputable
Jan 11, 2017

Used both OBS and Bandicam, Xvid was the selected codec on Bandi and it did not work, changed it and everything worked fine.

Saturnity

Reputable
Jan 11, 2017

Well just saying I fixed everything, but I cant record in MP4 because it never lets me open it in Sony Vegas, it forces it to these settings basically and doesnt let me change the codec

49dbmcQ.png

But what I do is just record with AVI and it works fine, with these settings

MHeh0Db.png

Yeah go get the newest one from the website. It has all the options (and a new look apparently). Once you update there will be a "..." box next to the FPS and there is where you set it to be CFR.

I circled the area you need to look at. Also check to make sure your vegas is up to date, 14 and 15 has recent patches that fix codec issues.
3HcBibo.png

Solution

Saturnity

Reputable
Jan 11, 2017

Alright thanks. ill try that