Sony Vegas Pro 13 - Crash Problem - GPU Acceleration of Video Processing

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobertVATO

Prominent
Aug 1, 2017
Hello guys, I have a problem with Sony Vegas Pro 13.
If I check "GPU Acceleration Of Video Processing" in "Preferences" -> "Video" tab my Vegas is crashing after 2 - 5 minutes of editing or it crashes after 2 - 5 minutes after I start rendering. If I turn it of it won't crash, but I need to use it because it makes my playback looks better so I can use the "Best (Full)" preview. And It's verry annoying because I likes to see the details how I actually should.

Here is a screenshot: https://imgur.com/4vNcyhB

If anyone had this problem and figured it out please help me bro's couse is driving me KRAZY! :(

Solution
The entire population of video editors irrespective of what type of video editing software they are running on windows has had this problem. Even after updating graphics drivers does not always fix the issue, you may need to update the software as well. Try cleaning the temp folder manually. Maximum ram recommended or at least 12 gigs and even then you may have the same problem also Vegas has been bought by Magix so customer care availability is somewhat hard to count if you ask me. Try the forum on magix for assistance they seem pretty helpful bunch of blokes.

zer0c007

Notable
Jun 10, 2017
The entire population of video editors irrespective of what type of video editing software they are running on windows has had this problem. Even after updating graphics drivers does not always fix the issue, you may need to update the software as well. Try cleaning the temp folder manually. Maximum ram recommended or at least 12 gigs and even then you may have the same problem also Vegas has been bought by Magix so customer care availability is somewhat hard to count if you ask me. Try the forum on magix for assistance they seem pretty helpful bunch of blokes.

Solution

zer0c007

Notable
Jun 10, 2017
If you are using a cpu with 8 cores and with hyper-threading or multi-threading which shows up as 16 cores, you want to change those threads to 8 in video editing software unless its specifically says on the box it plays nice with those extra 8 virtual cores.

Status
Not open for further replies.