marcus

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2001

Hi,

I am running Win XP with Service Pack 1 installed. When I
connect my Sony VX 1000 via firewire (I tried three
different cables) NOTHING happens. I plug the Camera in
and really nothing happens. I tried everything: Turn the
camera on/off during boot. Plugged in before/after boot.
What else can I do?

Thank you

Check device manager to see if firewire is properly installed.
Camera is in play/vcr mode, powered by mains.
There is nothing in the cams menu which has disabled the firewire output?
like analogue out/pass through options which sometimes can.
Try another cam that is KNOWN to work in your pc,
or
Try your cam in a pc that is KNOWN to work with another cam.
Graham

--
Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media
"Marcus" <msforum@lanipage.de> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I am running Win XP with Service Pack 1 installed. When I
> connect my Sony VX 1000 via firewire (I tried three
> different cables) NOTHING happens. I plug the Camera in
> and really nothing happens. I tried everything: Turn the
> camera on/off during boot. Plugged in before/after boot.
> What else can I do?
>
> Thank you

So everything I suggested was negative? I'd return teh cam as faulty.

--
Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media