Sony X505 and similar products.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hello.

I've looked at the Sony x505, and it seems like a really sexy computer.
I like the compact size of it, but I'm concerned about the low
capacity of the harddrive. It has a 20gig harddrive. I look
at medical images on my laptop. So 20gigs seems rather anemic.

Will Sony come out with the same compact model with a larger harddrive
capacity? What other products are out there that compare to the
sony x505 in terms of compactness? Image quality is also an important
concern too.

Any info? thanks.

On 13 Jul 2004 13:41:40 -0700, DaLoveRhino@hotmail.com (Love Rhino)
wrote:
>I've looked at the Sony x505, and it seems like a really sexy computer.
>I like the compact size of it, but I'm concerned about the low
>capacity of the harddrive. It has a 20gig harddrive. I look
>at medical images on my laptop. So 20gigs seems rather anemic.

The X505 uses a 1.8" diameter hard drive - the largest of these is
40GB. I think some versions of the X505 have this, but if not you
could upgrade.
For similar-style laptops, check out www.dynamism.com.
Emanuel

"E Brown" <epbrown01@att.net> wrote in message
> On 13 Jul 2004 13:41:40 -0700, DaLoveRhino@hotmail.com (Love Rhino)
> wrote:
> >I've looked at the Sony x505, and it seems like a really sexy computer.
> >I like the compact size of it, but I'm concerned about the low
> >capacity of the harddrive. It has a 20gig harddrive. I look
> >at medical images on my laptop. So 20gigs seems rather anemic.
>
> The X505 uses a 1.8" diameter hard drive - the largest of these is
> 40GB. I think some versions of the X505 have this, but if not you
> could upgrade.
> For similar-style laptops, check out www.dynamism.com.

The 1.8" laptop drives are no advantage.

They are all very slow 4200 rpm units.

I would stay away from any laptops
that use a 1.8" drive -- except
perhaps for a very lightweight