Sony Xperia Z Able to Take 999 Pictures in 68 Seconds

Status
Not open for further replies.

calmstateofmind

Distinguished
Who would ever utilize such a feature? Would you not just take a video and edit frame by frame if you wanted? Think of all the pictures that you'd have to go through in your gallery...

Marketing kills me sometimes. Actually, most of the time.

twelve25

Distinguished
I have 6fps on my DSLR and it's terrible to even go through 20 frames in a sequence to find the best one. 999 nearly identical photos, awesome, now just hit select all and delete because you are never going to want to go through them.

boulbox

Honorable
Apr 5, 2012
[citation][nom]caedenv[/nom]Maths is great!10 fps * 68 sec = 680 pictures, not 999...so if we are taking pictures at a lower resolution to achieve 14.69 fps then what resolution is it?[/citation]

they said that i takes 10 fps but the video is just showing that it can go beyond that

mrmez

Splendid
14 FPS with auto focus and metering on every shot???

No.

So you can take 1,000 photos of something that isn't moving, in light that isn't changing... Ie, 1,000 photos that are exactly the same.

pedro_mann

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2010
Although I like the capabilties, the demonstration video failed to know my socks of. At least some movement of a wind up toy would have produced some different photos. Taking a bunch of shots of a well lit, non moving object doesn't impress. How does it stand up in low light?

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]calmstateofmind[/nom]Who would ever utilize such a feature? Would you not just take a video and edit frame by frame if you wanted? Think of all the pictures that you'd have to go through in your gallery...Marketing kills me sometimes. Actually, most of the time.[/citation]
[citation][nom]mouse24[/nom]Seems like marketing jargon thats saying we have a camera thats not fast enough to take movies at any reasonable FPS so we are just going to sell it as a "fast picture taker".[/citation]

these are 9mp pictures, now lets look at a potential use.
your kid is playing a sport, and you want to take photos of the best moment
well, you got about a 6 second window for the best moments, so lets assume you already have everything focused.
you shoot for 6 seconds and have about 100 potential pictures.

[citation][nom]calmstateofmind[/nom]Who would ever utilize such a feature? Would you not just take a video and edit frame by frame if you wanted? Think of all the pictures that you'd have to go through in your gallery...Marketing kills me sometimes. Actually, most of the time.[/citation]

now with what you said, 1080p... how many cameras have you seen that can take a decent 1080p video? much less a phone that can? by some merical phones can take a half way decent picture, this one can take them fast.

and 1080p is under 3mp... and from what i understand, 3mp is the bare minimum you need for a 3 by 4 print to not see the pixles.

you need more if you want to take a larger print, but i also believe that 8mp is fine for a single 8 by 11 is i remember correctly.

so there, just gave you a real reason you want to use this over going through a 1080p video...

o, and lets not forget... most normal people don't even know how to take a screenshot on their computer, much less how to capture a single frame of video.

olaf

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2011
ignorant people are going to be ignorant, as someone pointed out you get higher then 1080p pictures. If you are retarded enough to do it for 1 whole minute you deserv the head ache of sorting tru a couple of hundred pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.