Sony Xperia Z2 Keeps Waterproof Design, Adds 4K Video Recording and Noise Cancelling

Status
Not open for further replies.

loosescrews

Honorable
Jul 4, 2013
"Keeping it on is a large 3200 mAh battery, which along with Sony's Battery STAMINA mode should keep you charger-free for an entire day."

This quote really shows how ridiculous things have become. Any smartphone that does not last an entire day is one that shouldn't even be on the market.

aegisofrime

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2011
Boo Sony!It's unbelievable that they didn't add 4K recording to the Z1; We know that they Snapdragon 800 in the Z1 supports 4K, since the Note 3 does it, so the only reason why Sony didn't support 4K is... Greed, laziness or incompetence.

idisarmu

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2008
The phone can't be both IP55 and IP 58. It's either one or the other. The first number stands for level of dust resistance and the second number stands for level of water resistance. It can't be compliant with 2 standards unless it's compliant with the more stringent one, in which case: Why bother mentioning the IP55?

Sonny73N

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2011
After a quick check on gsmarena, Sony has indeed upgraded to IPSs unlike the ZL which I had purchased and returned after realized it had no IPS as with the rest of their products just 4 months ago.

grebgonebad

Distinguished
Quite interested about this actually. My dad's got the Z1 and I have to say its an excellent phone. If theres one thing I would say I dislike about it I would say that the colour scheme is a bit 'doom and gloom'. And before you all start telling me how I am wrong, this is coming from someone who has previously owned Samsung and Nexus devices, which as you all know are very bright and colourful with thier colour schemes.

Darkpagey

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2010
The phone can't be both IP55 and IP 58. It's either one or the other. The first number stands for level of dust resistance and the second number stands for level of water resistance. It can't be compliant with 2 standards unless it's compliant with the more stringent one, in which case: Why bother mentioning the IP55?
Yes it can be both. The IP55 means that the phone is protected against low pressure jets of water from all practicable directions, and the IP58 means that it can be kept under 1.5m of water for up to 30 minutes. One does not imply the other so both are stated.

Queenslander

Honorable
Feb 11, 2014
Yes it can be both. The IP55 means that the phone is protected against low pressure jets of water from all practicable directions, and the IP58 means that it can be kept under 1.5m of water for up to 30 minutes. One does not imply the other so both are stated.
IP55 - Protected agaist dust and water jets at 12.5 litres per minute at a pressure of 30 kPa at a distance of 3 meters for a duration of 15 minutes.IP58 - Protected against dust and continuous immersion below 1 meter (depth specified by manufacturer, generally up to 3 meters) In most cases implies equipment is hermetically sealed.Thus IP58 is all they would need to specify as it would surpass the IP55 rating.

Queenslander

Honorable
Feb 11, 2014
IP58 is a weird rating though. In Australia we would generally go IP55, IP56, IP67, IP68. If it is sealed to IPx8 it would generally mean that it met the IP6x standard as well...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS