Sony's 1,000 Mobile Layoffs Should Push Company To Rethink Strategy

Status
Not open for further replies.

remyj

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2008
I really hope Sony can pull through this slump. From what I have read, both the full size and compact Z series phones are very nice units but also very expensive. They need to be extremely high quality and have the best performance feature for feature to be able to command the high prices and compete.

Maybe a new distinguishing feature would help too. I know the market poo poos physical keyboards now but there is a small very vocal bunch of Android fans that want one. If Sony put a quality physical keyboard in the Z3 compact, I would max out my credit card to buy one. They may not sell big numbers of them by Apple or Samsung standards but being the only phone with a keyboard might generate big enough numbers for them to make some money.

groundhogdaze

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2009
Sony could do a better job with their marketing. I just bought a Sony 10.1" Z tablet and it's the near perfect tablet for me after going through a dozen other tablets and an Ipad 3. It wasn't even on my radar until I saw it discounted for $170 and decided to give it shot after selling my Kindle HDX 8.9.

StevenInCA

Reputable
Jan 28, 2015
The Sony Z3 is actually a really nice phone. Build quality is good, its waterproof and the battery easily lasts 2 days with decent usage. I wish more manufactures would spend more time on battery life than trying to make their phone really thin!

StevenInCA

Reputable
Jan 28, 2015
The Sony Z3 is actually a really nice phone. Build quality is good, its waterproof and the battery easily lasts 2 days with decent usage. I wish more manufactures would spend more time on battery life than trying to make their phone really thin!

Jocar101964

Reputable
Jan 28, 2015
People tend not to forget that Sony has always had their technical rules, being not entirely compatible in order to force their clients to buy peripherals from them. That was the time with their TV's, VHS's and DVD's.... And people tend not to forget that after being f*****d by them so many times. Ohhhhh.... and their phones are crap.

condorxiii

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2011
This is a great idea and if their API's are simple enough to integrate with I hope SC2 and LoL get onboard. Not that the others aren't good, but this could be really cool for small universities and colleges or company tournaments (I've mostly worked for tech companies - so it's a thing). I'm not a Razer hater so I don't mind it's them, but I know some people will shy away from it, I hope they look past that. This could be cool, and even if you don't like Razer and it's successful, I'm sure it'll pave the way for other products (assuming there aren't others I'm not aware of yet).

DarkhunterCZ

Reputable
Jan 23, 2015
I cant believe it. Xperia Z3 Compact, Xperia Z3, Xperia Z3 Compact are the best in their class. I own Xperia Z3 Compact and its so good phone...I hope my next phone will be Xperia.

GMDS44

Reputable
Apr 16, 2014
I have an Xperia Z2 and I can tell you that I've never had a phone that:
-Lasted as long as my xperia (battery and physical robustness wise)
-Had incredible hand feeling and feels premium.
-Had efficient waterproofing capabilities

marclee37

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2011
most users pick samsung, i pick samsung too.
use to the menu that most other users do, would not get too wrong if using it.
samsung's design are more classy, elegant. sony's are often a bit too young, advanced, experimental. front/ back full glass etc. non-removable battery. I would not switch to sony in foreseeable future. releasing 6.4" phone is kind of question. i wonder what is this company thinking. not considering how a user actually use the device? i could not trust its design and get its product. if it has full range: 6.4", 6.1", 5.8", 5.5", etc. it is a different story.
samsung's success is it has the most complete range, better suit more user's need. having consistent designs over the years. once used to it, keep on using it. until this brand turns bad severely. like the previous Nokia.

Status
Not open for further replies.