Sony's 5-Inch Yuga Smartphone Shown in Leaked Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

xpeh

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2011
[citation][nom]shikamaru31789[/nom]Glass back. No access to battery. I'll pass.[/citation]

Yeah, just today my phone froze, and the power button did absolutely nothing, so I just pulled out the battery. Plus, since you can't upgrade the battery, this device will probably have 2 hour battery life in 2 years.

madjimms

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2011
[citation][nom]xpeh[/nom]Yeah, just today my phone froze, and the power button did absolutely nothing, so I just pulled out the battery. Plus, since you can't upgrade the battery, this device will probably have 2 hour battery life in 2 years.[/citation]
If the warranty is gone why not just buy a battery off fleabay & soldier the bastard in? Then find an AC adapter with higher mAH rating & frankenhack that to the old connector?

I guess I shouldn't expect this from the huge majority of people, but I like to fix broken things before throwing them out.

xpeh

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2011
[citation][nom]Madjimms[/nom]If the warranty is gone why not just buy a battery off fleabay & soldier the bastard in? Then find an AC adapter with higher mAH rating & frankenhack that to the old connector?I guess I shouldn't expect this from the huge majority of people, but I like to fix broken things before throwing them out.[/citation]

Yeah, soldering a new battery would be the first thing I'd do. But a majority of people don't know how to. They'll just buy a new phone.

G

press and hold the power button and the volume up key at the same time for about 10s, the Xperia S will reboot itself. not sure for other phones or models.....

G

My (older) Xperia hardlocks so often and has such a tiny (1500 mAh wtf?!?!?) battery that I can't imagine not being able to battpull it every day.

halcyon

Splendid
[citation][nom]soldier2013[/nom]My phone is still bigger the 5.5 inch Galaxy Note 2 ftw.[/citation]
For all that the Note II is (quite nice), the screen's PPI and 720p resolution isn't the best for a screen that size. A 1080p screen would have been appropriate.

[citation][nom]halcyon[/nom]For all that the Note II is (quite nice), the screen's PPI and 720p resolution isn't the best for a screen that size. A 1080p screen would have been appropriate.[/citation]
At the current level of OLED technology, a 1080p screen at that size would no doubt be PenTile, which would only be a 50% increase in the actual number of subpixels. I suspect any gain in sharpness would be offset by the PenTile artifacts.

oblivionlord

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2007
[citation][nom]Madjimms[/nom]If the warranty is gone why not just buy a battery off fleabay & soldier the bastard in? Then find an AC adapter with higher mAH rating & frankenhack that to the old connector?I guess I shouldn't expect this from the huge majority of people, but I like to fix broken things before throwing them out.[/citation]

Or you could have made a smart purchase in the first place and buy a phone with a removable back that allows you to change out the battery instead of doing extra steps just for this simple procedure. Kind of a no-brainer eh?

krowbar

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2008
lol fleabay as someone said. Anyway Sony is trying to lock their phone in ways, I'm wouldn't surprised if only uses sony memorysticks or ext storage.

heffeque

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2002
[citation][nom]soldier2013[/nom]My phone is still bigger the 5.5 inch Galaxy Note 2 ftw.[/citation]
Well... the iPad is bigger. It has a 9.7 inch screen and you can use it as a phone with the appropriate VoIP software. OVH sells a VoIP package of unlimited landline calls to 40 countries, included with an incoming geographic number or a non-geographic number... all for 0.99 € a month.

It's stupid to carry an iPad as a phone, yes... but so is carrying a Galaxy Note 2.

hytecgowthaman

Honorable
Nov 28, 2012
Advantage:
1.High quality display.
2.High processing power because of 4core @ 1.5ghz.
3.It support sd cards(apple dont support sd cards).
Disadvantage:
1.My pocket is smaller so it does not fit as 2.5"mobile.
2.Supports hd but it has only 200mhz gpu (7"zync z930 jelly bean tablet has 400mhz gpu low cost than sony).
3.The battery is not removable (if the battery hold the current upto 2days @ 100% brightness i dont change the battery.
4.High cost (if u give me that at rs:15000).
5.Service center is not available in my location.If i am do any damage to my mobile the warenty is avoided, so how can i am change that parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.