Sony's Concept PCs Yanked Straight From Star Trek?

Status
Not open for further replies.

classzero

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011
Unibody macs have sharp edges plenty of complaints.

http://www.tuaw.com/2010/04/01/man-files-sharp-edge-off-his-macbook-pro/

Thumbs down and Flaming in 3.. 2.. 1..

G

I have always wanted to be able to have a stylus/pen for input. Looking at the laptop it would be nice to have the keyboard double as a full sketch pad. It could switch back and forth from a 'piece of paper' to a keyboard. I like taking hand written notes versus typed and the iPad does not quite cut it yet.

teddymines

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2011
[citation][nom]freggo[/nom]Sorry, no actual moving keys ?Not for me. I prefer tactile feedback ![/citation]
Then what they need is a quick vibration when you press a key, kind of like the feedback you get from some android smart phones.

phate

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2009
[citation][nom]Classzero[/nom]Unibody macs have sharp edges plenty of complaints.http://www.tuaw.com/2010/04/01/man [...] cbook-pro/Thumbs down and Flaming in 3.. 2.. 1..[/citation]

Would do the same thing. Funny reading the comments on that page. Lots of variations of "You're holding it wrong."
And "there goes his warranty." If Macs were as awesome as some people claim, why would I need a warranty?

lathe26

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2010
If the keys don't move or allow me to clearly feel the key edges, then the keyboard is useless. I'm better off with an on-screen keyboard with haptic feedback. No point in carrying around extra hardware that brings no value. Example of form missing function.

For comparison, check out the reviews out the Optimus keyboard by Lebedev. People couldn't feel the key edges there and reviews reamed them for it.

blurr91

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2004
[citation][nom]ricdiculus[/nom]"Sorry Kirk fanboys, but Picard is The Man" Oh yeah? Let 'em duke it out and see whos left standing![/citation]

Picard couldn't beat Soran so he had to get Kirk out of retirement to help him in Star Trek Generations.

Don't make me whip out the "100 reasons why Kirk is better than Picard" list.

SoiledBottom

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2006
"Picard couldn't beat Soran so he had to get Kirk out of retirement to help him in Star Trek Generations.

Don't make me whip out the "100 reasons why Kirk is better than Picard" list."

Kirk...Weed from the late 60's (props to acapulco gold and tai stick).......Picard Weed from late 80's and up...(Sensimillia, Blueberry kush, AKA whatever)....take a bath and go back to sleep ...Hipppy.....Just kidding

Ninja Pants

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2011
With so much of the focus these days on aesthetics (thank you Apple...) I see the reasoning behind it but I still don't understand what Sony were thinking, they look terrible!

[citation][nom]SoiledBottom[/nom]"Sorry Kirk fan boys, but Picard is the man"I believe thats one of the Prime directives[/citation]
So many things wrong with that sentence. For example, there is only one prime directive. Hence why it is called the prime directive.

dark_knight33

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2006
[citation][nom]ricdiculus[/nom]"Sorry Kirk fanboys, but Picard is The Man" Oh yeah? Let 'em duke it out and see whos left standing![/citation]

[citation][nom]blurr91[/nom]Picard couldn't beat Soran so he had to get Kirk out of retirement to help him in Star Trek Generations.[/citation]

Yeah, Kirk died, Soran died (eventually), Picard Lived! Picard = Winnar!

tanjo

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2011
Just make sure the keyboard has a response time equal or faster than a normal keyboard then it is fine... typing fast without any kind of feedback from the keyboard can have some getting used to.

Status
Not open for further replies.