Sony's PlayStation TV Set Top Box Now Available

Status
Not open for further replies.

nthreem

Honorable
Mar 23, 2012
128 GB of Vram, that is a little overboard don't ye think ;)

Nah, it seems like that's the trend for requirements lately. Have you seen the minimum requirements for the next Dragon Age?

"According to the minimum specs, PC gamers will need a 64-bit version of Windows 7 or Windows 8.1, an AMD quad-core CPU @ 2.5 GHz or an Intel quad-core CPU @ 2.0 GHz, 4 GB of RAM, an AMD Radeon HD 4870 GPU or a Nvidia GeForce 8800 GT GPU, 512 GB of VRAM, and 26 GB of hard drive space. DirectX 10 also needs to be installed."

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/electronic-arts-dragon-age-inquisition,27869.html

That one needs 512GB of VRAM!!

EastOfEden

Reputable
Oct 15, 2014
A simple mistake on the part of the commentators. The GB does not stand for Giga Byte but for Graphics Byte. Which is a very different byte then the usual one.

;)

airborn824

Honorable
Mar 3, 2013
I was looking to buy thie PSTV but i do now have any PS products. IS it still possible to use as a mini gaming console? I am normally a PC guy but am interested in something cheap for the living room.

Merry_Blind

Reputable
Jul 10, 2014
@airborn824 For some reasons I can't quote you, but whatever.

If you're looking for something cheap for the living room, a Wii U. Depends on what you're looking for, Nintendo consoles are obviously not multimedia machines, and they shouldn't be, but if what you're looking for is a cheap gaming device, the Wii U is amazing. Plus the Internet Browser is very good on it, thanks to the GamePad, and it still has Netflix, and stuff like that.

I game PC and Wii U, and I think it's pretty much the best combo.

colson79

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2012

Nah, it seems like that's the trend for requirements lately. Have you seen the minimum requirements for the next Dragon Age?

"According to the minimum specs, PC gamers will need a 64-bit version of Windows 7 or Windows 8.1, an AMD quad-core CPU @ 2.5 GHz or an Intel quad-core CPU @ 2.0 GHz, 4 GB of RAM, an AMD Radeon HD 4870 GPU or a Nvidia GeForce 8800 GT GPU, 512 GB of VRAM, and 26 GB of hard drive space. DirectX 10 also needs to be installed."

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/electronic-arts-dragon-age-inquisition,27869.html

That one needs 512GB of VRAM!!

I'm sure it is a misprint. It is probably 128 MB of Vram. I know the dragon age quote is a mis print- there official website list minimum requirments of 512 MB of VRAM and 2 GB VRAM for recommended. The new GTX 980 only has 4 GB of VRAM. There isn't a video card you can buy with 512 GB of VRAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS