Sony's PS Vita Gets the Teardown Treatment

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

this thing will be outdated in the next months by the new mobiles that will come out. only 512mn ram ... hhhmmm

gilbertfh

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2009
As far as tear down and repair goes it looks to be a gem. I just have never been impressed with Sony's customer support. It will be interesting to see where it goes but I am not going to be an early adopter.

rahulkadukar

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2011
this thing will be outdated in the next months by the new mobiles that will come out. only 512mn ram ... hhhmmm

The original had 32 MB RAM and ran all games decently. The 512 MB RAM here is more than enough as there is no OS running in the background and the background memory requirements are minimum. But would love to see this around the $150 mark. $250 is a bit too steep.

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
[citation][nom]GamerRO25[/nom]this thing will be outdated in the next months by the new mobiles that will come out. only 512mn ram ... hhhmmm[/citation]

It is more than enough, remember this is a handheld we are discussing here. I highly doubt we will see a single game on the Vita that will require that much to begin with. When it comes to non-gaming tasks it won't even come near to using that much.

[citation][nom]aftcomet[/nom]But will it sell?[/citation]

With the theory of multiverses there is every single possible scenario playing out which is infinite amount of combinations therefor there are infinite alternative universes. So Sony should be resting easy knowing that somewhere out there it is selling.

tipoo

Distinguished
May 4, 2006
[citation][nom]GamerRO25[/nom]this thing will be outdated in the next months by the new mobiles that will come out. only 512mn ram ... hhhmmm[/citation]

Like consoles, the OS it runs is probably significantly slimmer than smartphone OSs. Look at what devs could do with the PSP's 32MB, despite being much more powerful on paper smartphones have yet to rival those games. 512mb will be fine for this, even the PS3 only has 256MB of system RAM and 256 video, I think the Vita has dedicated video RAM as well.

Vladislaus

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
A PS3 also has 512MB of RAM (256MB for the CPU and 256MB for the GPU) and yet can produce graphics way better than any smartphone on sale or in development. The gaming system run a OS that has much less overhead than those running on smartphones, so less memory is required.

G

What is the equivelent of the gpu in this as far as performance goes in say a radeon or geforce

amigafan

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2011
It has Wolfson audio codec which is superior to Cirrus Logic which Apple uses in iDevices (I do have an iPod touch and iPad and I'm not too happy about their sound quality).

Status
Not open for further replies.