Sony's PS Vita Slim Launch is UK-only (For Now)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
I wouldnt really call this a Vita Slim. was the original vita not already slim? 20% slimmer may sound like alot, but its not really much difference on a device that is already slim.
Good. It comes with an inferior display. The OLED is superior on the original unit in all ways.
all ways except price, which is the main reason for making this. people werent buying the expensive handheld console, so they made it cheaper. Best way to make it cheaper is changing the display to a much cheaper type, which isnt horrible. Im sure most people who would buy a vita would appreciate this tradeoff.

CDdude55

Distinguished
The issue is content, software sells hardware and Sony still hasn't stepped there game up with the Vita in that regard, it's similar to Nintendo's Wii U problem, it's not enticing enough and the name confuses people so it stays on the shelves.

I was one of the people who bought the Vita's early release bundle back in 2012, and still have no reason to hold on to it.

XjaylX

Honorable
Feb 4, 2014
all ways except price, which is the main reason for making this. people werent buying the expensive handheld console, so they made it cheaper. Best way to make it cheaper is changing the display to a much cheaper type, which isnt horrible. Im sure most people who would buy a vita would appreciate this tradeoff.
Trouble is, while it may be cheaper to produce, they're actually trying to sell it at a higher price. I'm not so sure this will help to improve sales figures...

Status
Not open for further replies.