soo .. i shorted my motherboard and i need the files on my 2 hard drives

Nov 7, 2018
hi everyone this is the first time i ask anything on any forum and English is not my first language so bare with me .

the situation
i had a gigabyte motherboard and a sandy bridge i7 2600 CPU with a windows 10 installed and my motherboard shorted and i bought a z370 motherboard , ram and an i5 8600k .

the drives
i have 2 hard drives the first is a Toshiba 2tb 7200rpm hard drive that i installed windows on it and it was my C: drive , the second is a WD 1tb blue drive the was my D: drive .

the problem is :

i know what to do with the D: drive and copying the files from it , but my problem is coping files from the downloads folder from the C: drive .
i don't care about any other files or programs on the drive

if there any way i can copy the files i am open to , if any more information is needed i'll provide .

thank you for reading ^_^ .

Should be the same with both drives. Do you have a third drive you installed your OS on your new system? Your old drives can be used as secondary drives and you can browse/copy them, yes even the old C: drive.

Nov 7, 2018

wow thank you very much for the fast reply and the very helpful answer .

i don't have another hard drive but iam going to copy the files from the hard drive on my laptop with an enclosure then installing windows on it .

thank you again .

The laptop and enclosure will work. Hopefully your old C: drive doesn't boot as your primary drive, but if it does you can restart and rearrange your boot order so it won't load as primary drive. Then you can browse the old Windows Installation and all of the contents.