Soo I think my GPU died

Jul 20, 2018
So I restarted my PC to get into Safe Mode and the screen showed up with No Signal. Of course my next move was to check the cable, it works. I removed my GPU (MSI RX580 GAMING X 8GB) while swearing, because it's two days old and put it back in again. Tried different ports - nothing. I swapped back to my R7 240 card just to make sure that it's not the PCIe, the card works just fine, I'm using it right now. I've contacted the store and since it's Friday after works hours the employee just told me to do everything that I've already done and told me that we will work something out on Monday. I'm most likely going to send it back and buy one from a different store, those guys just feel shady even though they've got 4.5 stars with over 6K votes (that's a enough for a Bulgarian store). My specs: Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3P. CPU: AMD FX-6350 RAM: 8GB HDD:2TB PSU: FSP Hyper 500w.
I used the card for about two hours, not much longer then that, no OC or BIOS tweak, nothing. If you have any suggestions that'd be much appreciated. Thanks

Solution
Yeah other then verifying the GPU on another system. There isnt much more you can do. It's most likely faulty.

Just wondering, what company did you buy the GPU from? If its faulty you shouldn't have to "wait until Monday" to do an RMA... sounds shady to me as well.
Did the new card ever work in the PC?

That GA-970 is an older mobo I don't think think it supports UEFI and from my understanding. Most newer GPUs require UEFI.

I use to have that mobo back in the day, but can't recall if it had UEFI. It most likely did not. Its over 5 years old now...

Do you have a spare system or a friend with a PC you can test the GPU in?

Jul 20, 2018

It does support UEFI, and yes it worked for a day and a half. The only system that I've got around is 10 years old, and it doesn't support UEFI for sure. I don't really have anybody around me right now and I'll be working the weekend, so that's not going to be an option. I might figure something out for Sunday before work, but I doubt it.

Yeah other then verifying the GPU on another system. There isnt much more you can do. It's most likely faulty.

Just wondering, what company did you buy the GPU from? If its faulty you shouldn't have to "wait until Monday" to do an RMA... sounds shady to me as well.

Solution
Jul 20, 2018

That's good enough for me, I just wanted to make sure that I'm not missing anything. Thank you for the help :)

Jul 20, 2018
Well I doubt you'll know it it's a bigger business here in Bulgaria, they just do not work on weekends, plus the employee said that he's going to guide me though the process of the install (I bet I know more then him about that I've got my fair bit of experience) and if that does not work then they'll give me the okay to ship it back. That's what I mean by shady. If they decide to refuse the RMA I'm going to figure something out, most likely going to go on a trip to their store. Anyways I hope it doesn't get to that.

Oh wow yeah gotcha.

I personally stopped buying from local stores awhile ago. I only purchased off Tiger Direct or NewEgg. I like their warranties and RMAs, never had any problems.

But I get some places dont ship there or its way more expensive to ship so. Guess you gotta work with what you got.

Jul 20, 2018

Yeah I'd love to be able to order from NewEgg or something more secure. The only reason that I decided to buy it from these guys is the fact that I got a good deal (like 5% cheaper that's 5% more then what they retail in the US the market here is still rather inflated). And as the Murphy's Law suggests the moment I get it form those guys there's a sale at one of my favorite retailers here. Oh well..
Anyways I hope you never have to deal with that, have a nice day :)

Jul 20, 2018

I decided to give you an update. I fixed it. PURE LUCK. A friend of mine called me and asked me if he could borrow the 580 for a benchmark. I told him that it died and explained the problem. He said, well let's just try it in my b450 motherboard, you haven't tried that yet. He lives about 10 minutes from my place so I said why the hell not. Long story short (I know it's hard to make it short now) turns out my bios got corrupt I didn't see that message because it was running from the secondary one which is not flashed and does not support UEFI by default (I didn't even know that was possible) and so no output. I just updated the BIOS and boom it works now. My primary was already flashed, but what I do not understand is how me selecting UEFI from the BIOS earlier didn't change anything. Anyways at least I know that I don't have to get a GPU too. Next month I'm hopping on the RYZEN train anyways. I have no idea at all what corrupted it though. Still your first suggestion was 100% on point, it's just UEFI issues.