Question Sooo.... multi question D:

May 25, 2022
I am currently running a 5600X with a 3070Ti with 32GB of 4000Mhz DDR4 Ram at CL18
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gPFdtn
here is my PC part picker pieces
I still get occasional stutters on most my games like straight up FREEZES for like 0.5s (occasionally being every 10~30 mins randomly but is constantly there)
I originally thought my old problem was a CPU bottleneck because I used a 3600x with a 2070 super with 3200mhz ram. but it turned out to be my faulty mobo that disconnected my wifi constantly during gameplay.
Since then, I've upgraded to the current rig.
Currently my AIO is being faulty as F, but temperatures for CPU is running fine around 50~80c (Im going to swap the aio soon)
I dont see massive temperature highs even during gaming...
But my performance is triggering me, I feel like my FPS could be and should be higher? if not atleast stable without tanking...
I mainly play FPS so each frame stutter might lead to a kill or death :(
I get 70~140 FPS in PubG and 80~140 fps in Hunt:Showdown
is there a way to test / stabilize my system?
XMP is on, PBO is on with Ryzen auto tuning on
I turned on the MSI afterburner and applied the boost settings... but nothing seems to help (along with nvidia settings and turning high power mode on etc...)

Hey there

What bios are you running? Anything older than Agesa 1.2.0.6 has a stuttering bug, linked with fTPM. You can either update the bios (if not already done) or disable fTPM (if not running windows 11) and see if that fixes it. Bios' with Agesa 1.2.0.7 solve this issue. But just a note of caution, if you are currently OC your CPU, after the 1.2.0.7 update you will not only have to re-do any OC you had, but also you may find the OC you had before is not quite stable. It's like they've changed some baseline voltages or tollerances and for a lot of folks their OC aren't as good as before.

Are you system drivers up to date? Chipset? This would be good as it will have the most recent Ryzen power plan for your CPU.

You might also try a clean install of the GPU drivers using DDU to uninstall it first.

May 25, 2022
I ported over a previously installed OS, I can check which OS I run in a sec im going to restart to check then.
also which system drivers are you poking at?
I have also done the uninstall and reinstall fresh GPU drivers

May 25, 2022
I had to re-install then do some weird windows magic to get the uh watermark removed >_>
is a clean windows the highest chance of the stutter?
that means I need to like do some magic with my files right?

May 25, 2022
How would I go about reinstalling windows without losing my current files?
Would installing windows 11 be the same thing?
How would I update the bios from F36 to F37B?
Which would be a more significant improvement in terms of stabilization, CPU from 5600X -> 5800X3D or 3070Ti -> 3080 or 3080Ti
Sorry I have so much questions

So you will update the bios through the bios itself. You download the F37b file, and put it on a USB thumb drive. Then go into the bios, and look for update bios or Flash bios, and follow the instructions.

The bios update will take a few minutes, sp posibly a better idea to do that first, then do windows install afterwards.
Be sure to clear CMOS after th bios update to ensure it take correctly.

For Windows install check here: How to reinstall Windows 10 without losing data | IT PRO

May 25, 2022
So I updated the bios, Am I supposed to turn off all the power (from the back) then pull out the CMOS battery then put it back in? and then do the reset this PC option afterwards?

TRENDING THREADS