Question Sorry, another monitor vertical lines question.

Lutfij

Titan
When you state using different sources, do you mean using different system's or did you mean different display output ports? By the looks of it, that doesn't look like something you can repair with a soldering iron, more like replacing the panel itself. If you're competent with a multimeter, perhaps start looking at the componentry inside the mainboard for any bad componentry.

chuffedas

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2009
When you state using different sources, do you mean using different system's or did you mean different display output ports? By the looks of it, that doesn't look like something you can repair with a soldering iron, more like replacing the panel itself. If you're competent with a multimeter, perhaps start looking at the componentry inside the mainboard for any bad componentry.
OK, thanks.
When you say replace the panel, you mean the whole monitor?
I am definitely not competent with my dmm, I only do the basics, but I am happy to learn more.
If it were a laptop, I would be going for the various cables, but I have never taken a monitor apart before.

I shall watch a YT video and see if there are likely to be any surprises.

I mainly wondered if it was a simple common issue that I hadn't found while searching.

Thanks again.

OK, thanks.
When you say replace the panel, you mean the whole monitor?
I am definitely not competent with my dmm, I only do the basics, but I am happy to learn more.
If it were a laptop, I would be going for the various cables, but I have never taken a monitor apart before.

I shall watch a YT video and see if there are likely to be any surprises.

I mainly wondered if it was a simple common issue that I hadn't found while searching.

Thanks again.

The panel is the actual LCD panel, not the whole monitor, the part that goes inside the plastic housing and connects the control/system/power boards.