Sorry, Cortana: Alexa Now Available in Windows 10 Store

Oh man! Cortana isn't going to like being kicked to the curb! I bet these two will constantly be arguing with one another. I can hear them now...

"Hey, Alexa, Windows 10 is my home, b**ch! You just a squirrel trying to get a nut!"

"Hey Cortana, I am the fresh, new, Pixel Princess! And I am much smarter than you! Now run alone and delete some more user files or something!"

Yeah, Windows 10 is about to get real crazy, y'all!:p

mihen

Honorable
Oct 11, 2017
You can use both. Cortana has a lot of features for integration and productivity in the Microsoft Ecosystem. For instance you can use it's bots to automate certain things that you really can't do with other digital assistants. I imagine if you don't scoff at it because it's Microsoft or it alters how you work with Windows then it can be quite powerful. I don't actually use either Cortana or Alexa much outside of putting stuff in my calendar.

I agree wholeheartedly, they are all an utter waste of time, strictly for tech-heads who like to pretend they're captain Kirk on Starship Enterprise - lol

mihen

Honorable
Oct 11, 2017
Alexa can be handy, but a lot of the "Alexa-compatible" devices require an android or iOS device to pair with. For instance you can create a command for "Play VR" that turns on all your sensors.