Sorry, No Diablo 3 Cross-Play for PC and PlayStation 3 or 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

downhill911

Honorable
Jan 15, 2013
No need to be sorry. Diablo3 PC has become past already.
I admit I did like the game (first Diablo i played ever so..), but then when playing on Hell difficulty I was too tempted to buy better gear, and so I did and realized that I am so overpowered that I do not find game challenging enough anymore. Yes i could use my crafted and found gear but...I just do not care.

contentsmayvary

Honorable
May 28, 2012
I just started playing it again a few weeks back, after playing Torchlight 2 and Path of Exile and not liking them anything like as much... I did finish D3 on Infernal (which I reached before they nerfed it a bit... that was painful but challenging). Several of my friends eventually managed to finish Inferno without buying a single thing from the AH. They are good players, thoug

G

online service & update disruptions by Blizzard constantly spoil the game experience plus the inconvenience of having to download patches as well as patches for patches etc. so an offline version
is what most single game players really want, plus ability to play on LAN with others.

this is the most expensive game i ever bought (even more expensive than some of my limited edition games), and i dont like it. im even selling my account, dont care if it is against eula, i just want to get back some of my money. disappointed

whiteodian

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2010
Although the game was disappointing on many levels, I still enjoyed playing it. I was even thinking about giving the console versions a whirl, but since I can't use my old account, No thank you. Good luck Blizzard. Not that they need it. I'm sure they will sell an ungodly amount of copies which is unfortunate be cause I don't feel they put much effort into the game, relied too much on the AH to get gear, and continue to make bad choices about the game and its design.

jn77

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2007
Who actually plays this game anymore? I thought D III went belly up about 4 weeks after its release :). Blizzard really mucked that one up.

Well if the PS3 version supports offline mode then that may be the one I get. I will never buy the PC version as requiring single play mode to be online is bull and will never support it. As far as I can tell Blizard ruined everything that made Diablo 2 great.

memadmax

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2011
Multiplayer on D3 gets me about as excited as watching grass grow....

I dunno why... maybe they should've released the game with multiplayer/finished?

gg, the end....

spartanmk2

Honorable
May 11, 2012
While this was the first diablo game ive played, i enjoyed it until I found out to get to max level you had to replay the same conetent over and over...and over...

Just wasnt for me after I killed belial on inferno :/

What developers don't seem to get is that a LOT of people would like to see cross-platform gaming between the Xbox, PlayStation, Wii, and PC. Why can't each of these consoles who all have the same game along with a PC version share a server somewhere? Of course the better PC gamers with mouse/keyboard support would pwn the better console/controller gamers, but still. I would love to be able to play my peeps on the PS3 with Far Cry 3 on my PC as I don't play shooters on the PS3, just racing games. Maybe one day.

d_kuhn

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2002
The 'hot' sales of D3 is really more a testament to how great D2 was (a lot of us bought it before we found out about it's glaring fundamental problems)... you'll know exactly how 'hot' d3 was when the sales for D4 come out. Unless they can lure in the console crowd... their PC sales are going to stink unles D4 goes back to what made the franchise great.

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
[citation][nom]d_kuhn[/nom]The 'hot' sales of D3 is really more a testament to how great D2 was (a lot of us bought it before we found out about it's glaring fundamental problems)... you'll know exactly how 'hot' d3 was when the sales for D4 come out. Unless they can lure in the console crowd... their PC sales are going to stink unles D4 goes back to what made the franchise great.[/citation]

Can't agree more - Sadly!

festerovic

Distinguished
[citation][nom]Ninjawithagun[/nom]Evidently, you have not played Diablo 3 in the past several months. The new Monster Power mode allows for much tougher gameplay against elite packs and bosses. There are several other changes to mention that were added to the game via several patches. Near crafting recipes for both Blacksmith and Jewler, Hellfire rings (requires the collection of keys from key wardens and body parts from uber boss matches), buffs for specific character classes, and so on. Bottomline, your impression of Diablo 3 is very much outdated and no longer correct.[/citation]

Totally agree. I have been playing since launch, and the latest patch rights a lot of wrongs, for me.

IndignantSkeptic

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2011
We'll see cross platform play when everyone primarily uses the same type of control system to make it fair. Personally these games should never have had their PC control system. They are now going to be much more enjoyable with a joypad. By the way, I find it laughable that this game will be available for PS4 when it looks like a PS2 game.

noblerabbit

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2010
I beg to ask Blizzard, why the hell are they releasing this for consoles WITHOUT their inbred game engine, which is the RMAH. What on earth for? We know very well where Activision and EA stands today, why the hell are they not including their only purpose of this game, for the PS3/4? I am very very confused.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
No internet needed? But then won't there be rampant cheating? That's what they told us when they made a connection mandatory on PC. Screw you Blizzard.

downhill911

Honorable
Jan 15, 2013
[citation][nom]festerovic[/nom]Totally agree. I have been playing since launch, and the latest patch rights a lot of wrongs, for me.[/citation]
[citation][nom]Ninjawithagun[/nom]Evidently, you have not played Diablo 3 in the past several months. The new Monster Power mode allows for much tougher gameplay against elite packs and bosses. There are several other changes to mention that were added to the game via several patches. Near crafting recipes for both Blacksmith and Jewler, Hellfire rings (requires the collection of keys from key wardens and body parts from uber boss matches), buffs for specific character classes, and so on. Bottomline, your impression of Diablo 3 is very much outdated and no longer correct.[/citation]
Yeas you're right, but problem is that game it self is outdated for me.
Also I find it bit boring since I already know the story and know what follows next.

armitageid

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
Um, where in the world did you get the $20,000 on Amazon and $750 on EBAY? Looks like you can pick it up for $40 on amazon (used) and about the same on EBAY.

If you do...let me know...lol...because I have a copy sitting in my collection that I would be more than willing to let go of.

Status
Not open for further replies.