**Sort columns in Explorer **

Hi

as we know we can sort the list of our files in explorer by clicking on
the head column of each (date,name,type,...) .
but is there anyway to order the file by (first:date ,then:type)
I mean more than one column?
or shall we install another software?

Any help would be thankful.

Dan

Yes. Go to View in Explorer and select 'choose details'.
You can then move the column up or down to your preference.

Dan

In news:O5mpxletFHA.460@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl,
Dan <dan@no-spam.whoever.com> typed:

> Yes. Go to View in Explorer and select 'choose details'.
> You can then move the column up or down to your preference.

That changes the order in which the fields are displayed. It
doesn't change the order in which the files are sorted.

Please reply to the newsgroup

> <R> wrote in message
>> Hi
>>
>> as we know we can sort the list of our files in explorer by
>> clicking
>> on the head column of each (date,name,type,...) .
>> but is there anyway to order the file by (first:date
>> ,then:type)
>> I mean more than one column?
>> or shall we install another software?
>>
>> Any help would be thankful.

Jon

Click the top of the type column first and then the top of the date column

Jon