[SOLVED] SOS PC DONT USE BOTH DIMM OF RAM need help

Jan 14, 2022
I have had the pc for two years but it did not always have 2 dm eight ram . The issue is that from the moment I put both they can not work together. I checked all the videos I tried with bios etc but no. if you could suggested something would help me a lot.
64 bit
2 crucial 8gb sta 2400
Ryzen 5 1600 six core
Gtx 970 4gb turbo
A32OM-S2H Windows 10 pro 21h1

Solution
but it did not always have 2 dm eight ram

So, you bought 2nd RAM stick later on, and put it in, in hopes of getting more RAM? Right?

If so, the chances of two individual sticks working together, despite being same make, model and spec, is 50:50.

For that reason, guarantee that two RAM sticks will work together, RAM sticks are sold in a set.

You see, when RAM DIMMs are made, they are tested with each other and those sticks that get along well are put into sets. First set to be made is the set of 8 RAM sticks and sold as 8x RAM sticks in a set. If the set of 8 doesn't work, it's divided into half which makes up two sets of 4. If the 4x RAM sticks do work together, the are sold as 4x RAM sticks in a set. But if the set of 4...

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
but it did not always have 2 dm eight ram

So, you bought 2nd RAM stick later on, and put it in, in hopes of getting more RAM? Right?

If so, the chances of two individual sticks working together, despite being same make, model and spec, is 50:50.

For that reason, guarantee that two RAM sticks will work together, RAM sticks are sold in a set.

You see, when RAM DIMMs are made, they are tested with each other and those sticks that get along well are put into sets. First set to be made is the set of 8 RAM sticks and sold as 8x RAM sticks in a set. If the set of 8 doesn't work, it's divided into half which makes up two sets of 4. If the 4x RAM sticks do work together, the are sold as 4x RAM sticks in a set. But if the set of 4 doesn't work, it's again divided into half, making two sets of 2. Two RAM sticks that work well with each other are sold as 2x RAM sticks in a set. Those RAM sticks that doesn't want to work together at all are sold as single RAM sticks.

So, if you want to have two RAM sticks working together, you need to buy a set of RAM, where both sticks come together, in a sealed plastic housing.
Sure, it costs more money and leaves you with a single, unusable stick of RAM (your old RAM), but like said, chances of two individual sticks working together are 50:50. And you already took that chance and didn't get lucky.

I didn't take the risk of RAM lottery when i upgraded my Haswell build's RAM amount (full specs with pics in my sig), instead, i went with the set of two off the bat and kept the old RAM as backup.

Pic too:

202209.baea55d58e84da9f9924cb03e1265e7b.1600.jpg

Last edited:
Solution
Jan 14, 2022
Thank you very much mate.I didn't know that well about ram but you came like batman saved my situation.I am posting the last 1 week everywhere and i don't receive such clear answer

Reactions: Aeacus