Question SOS - Weirdest GPU Issue Ever?

Nov 25, 2022
Basically, 2/3 of my GPU's aren't working in the PC I need them to...

I have an RTX 2080, an RTX 2070, and a RX 5500xt.

I have two working PC's, one with 750w power supply (we'll call this powerful PC) and one with 600w power supply (weak PC).

All three graphic cards work in weak PC, and immediately give video signal.

Only the 5500xt currently gives a video signal in powerful PC, and the BIOS doesn't even recognize the other two cards beyond adding the 'bus interface' drop-down option for the PCIe slot sometimes, but still showing the slot as empty in the GPU menu.

Switched out the PSU in powerful PC, still no signal from the RTX cards.

RTX 2080 was working in powerful PC until yesterday just fine, (I actually thought it had perm died, but it still works in weak PC)

I've updated BIOS.
I've factory reset Windows.
I've messed with as many BIOS settings as I can think of.
There is no AMD drivers on the system.
Integrated graphics work fine.
I cannot install Nvidia drivers because it tells me there's no compatible hardware and my version of windows is incompatible (I'm fully up to date on Windows 10) - but surely if it's not showing up in BIOS it can't be fully driver related.

Beyond confused, any suggestions?

tl;dr
Proven that all 3 GPU'S work, proven that both mobos and PSU's work, however 2 cards won't work in one of the systems, despite having worked yesterday.

Ralston18

Titan
PSUs - wattage's noted.

Make, model, age, condition (original to build, new, refurbished, used? History of heavy use for gaming, video editing, or bit-mining?

How were the drivers for the various GPU's installed? Manually or via some third party installer or utility?

This:

" despite having worked yesterday".

Things you can do:

Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for any error codes, warning, or even informational events that began "yesterday" or even a few days earlier.

Also look in Update History for any failed or problem updates.

In Device Manager > Display adapter > Scan for hardware changes.

Run the built in Windows troubleshooters. The troubleshooters may find and fix something.

Try "sfc /scannow" and "dism".

References:

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-use-sfc-scannow-to-repair-windows-system-files-2626161

How to use DISM command tool to repair Windows 10 image | Windows Central

Post accordingly.