Question Soud that was supposed to play never plays, then screen turns black

Spudledudle

Prominent
Apr 13, 2022
Today while i was playing Borderlands 2 on my (kind of) new PC, dialogue played, but but it got cut off, just like other sounds that were supposed to play. Funny thing is, the souds that were playing before, were still playing. So I think only the "new" sound didn't play. After a few seconds my screen turns black, no response, even the LED in my pc froze.

Hardware:

Ryzen 5 5600X
ASUS Strix X570-f
Corsair Vengeance RT 2x8GB
Gainward RTX 2060 6GB
Thermaltake Toughpower PF1 850 Platinium
Main SSD: WD Black SN750 1TB

On my previous rig I had some problems when only after playing Valorant my sound would freeze/stop (depending if headset was on jack/usb) and it would force a restart of my PC. Can anyone let me know if it is a SSD/Graphics/PSU problems?

Edit1: It happened again, this time on browser. I was not on my PC when it happened so I don't know if it was exactly the same situation

Last edited:

Spudledudle

Prominent
Apr 13, 2022
Do you have a system monitoring app like Cpuid/Hwmonitor? HWMONITOR | Softwares | CPUID Try monitoring temps and voltages on your system and see if freezing happens due to overheating of gpu/cpu. You could also try checking to see if sound drivers need updating.
First thing i did was to play with OCCT in the background, also I dont think it's due to overheating because i have an AIO 240 mm on my cpu, and if it goes above 60°C it boosts to 100% and i WOULD hear that (i play singleplayer games with one ear open so i can hear irl). My friend told me it could be the game itself that caused the problem, and advised me to turn off xmp on my RAM and drop clocks and memory speed on my gpu and then test it. I really hope it was just a one-timer