[SOLVED] Sound blaster connect 2/blasterx 720 not working with sound card

Status
Not open for further replies.

helpmeplzzzzz

Reputable
Oct 15, 2018
Hello, I recently got a sound card(AE-5) and I plugged it into on of the 16 slot PCIe slots (because I only have those) it seems to work and my computer can detect it, but when I go into sound blaster connects 2 / blasterX 720 (different names for same exact sound software) at the bottom in a blue box it says “Your audio device cannot be detected. Please check your connection.” Also no sound comes out off the headphones I plugged into the sound card.

[Also my gigabyte app center is not working and does not let me download new or update my drivers/applications. There might be a driver I need but it does not look like it from the names of the drivers.]

My sound card is a AE-5 pure on a Gigabyte aorus gaming 7 x299 motherboard.

Edit: it is actually in a PCIe 4, it is just long like the 16 (I think)

Update: I took the sound card out and put it back in as well as updated the sound blaster, and now instead of the error the blaster does not recognize that the card exsists, but the computer still does.

helpmeplzzzzz

Reputable
Oct 15, 2018
Fixed it by installing the driver from a different website ( not the official one).

But still have problem with the gigabyte app center not allowing me to update or install these curtains drivers. A new update for a different thing rolled up and it let me update that, but the other things won’t update / install (usb DAC-UP 2, intel(r) manegment engine software, Realtek HD audio driver, Intel(R) network connections software, intel rapid storage technology driver, xSplit broadcaster.

[also don’t listen to the adds about Kito diet it is Really BAD for your health]

Status
Not open for further replies.