Sound Blaster ZXR Not Detected by Windows

willhamlink

Honorable
Oct 21, 2013
I just installed the Sound Blaster ZXR into my computer, but when I boot up, the card is nowhere to be found in device mannager. I tried installing the drivers but whenever I try, it tells me there is no compatible hardware detected. I have disabled the onboard audio in the BIOS but that changed nothing. I also tried re-seating the card, but that didn't help. Any help is appreciated.
System:
Asrock Z87 Extreme 4
EVGA GTX 770 Superclocked
Intel i5 4670k
EVGA SuperNOVA NEX750B
Crucial Ballistix 2x4gb 1600mhz

willhamlink

Honorable
Oct 21, 2013

I disabled it in the BIOS and nothing changed.

Brian Archibald

Honorable
Mar 21, 2013
Make sure it's in the right PCI slot. There's PCI and PCI-E, 4x, 8, 16x, and what have you. I have the same motherboard as you but I'm not quite sure on the problem at the moment. Are you familiar with the UEFI? A few things are different, as I quickly figured out when I upgraded from an older motherboard.

willhamlink

Honorable
Oct 21, 2013

It is a PCI-E x1 connector but an x1 will work in a x16 slot. That is how I had my wireless network adapter hooked up. And I am pretty familiar with UEFI. I am also really stumped on why my computer wont even power on right now. I reset CMOS, I made sure the jumpers were connected and I also made sure that all power cables were in.

willhamlink

Honorable
Oct 21, 2013

I always make sure to work on wood floors and touch the metal pieces of the case prior to working. I was in the same space as when I built it.