Question Sound BlasterX G6 not detected ?

Mar 9, 2022
Hello guys, i've bought Sound BlasterX G6 and out of the box it just did not work properly. Windows at first did detect it in the devices i could use the volume knob and all and i thought everything went smooth, but when i tried to plug in my speakers (Logitech Z533) it automatically popped up a message that the device could not detect last connected USB. So there i tried many different things to make it work, plugging in headphones does the same thing, drivers cannot be installed since "nothing is connected" even thought the device is on and lit up.

I have tried sound blasterx g6 at my friends place and it just worked perfectly, plugged it in just like that to his pc, then speakers and then heaphones, everything worked. No problems.

I've done system reset, fresh brand new start plugging in the sound blaster and it showed up in the connected devices, system recognized Sound Blasterx G6, then i connected speakers to it, and just like before, error, system message that device could not be detected, and ever since it is not working. Looks just like my speakers would reprogram the sound blaster to not work. Hard reset (volume knob and scout) does nothing. Drivers cannot be installed, firmware can't detect anything. What to do im so tired with this thing...?

May 18, 2022
Same issue on my Win11. If I complete reinstall the OS G6 works for like 10-15 min then is not more detected from Sound Blaster Command. I have a open ticket with the support, if we fix I will be happy to help you!! :)

Hello guys, i've bought Sound BlasterX G6 and out of the box it just did not work properly. Windows at first did detect it in the devices i could use the volume knob and all and i thought everything went smooth, but when i tried to plug in my speakers (Logitech Z533) it automatically popped up a message that the device could not detect last connected USB. So there i tried many different things to make it work, plugging in headphones does the same thing, drivers cannot be installed since "nothing is connected" even thought the device is on and lit up.

I have tried sound blasterx g6 at my friends place and it just worked perfectly, plugged it in just like that to his pc, then speakers and then heaphones, everything worked. No problems.

I've done system reset, fresh brand new start plugging in the sound blaster and it showed up in the connected devices, system recognized Sound Blasterx G6, then i connected speakers to it, and just like before, error, system message that device could not be detected, and ever since it is not working. Looks just like my speakers would reprogram the sound blaster to not work. Hard reset (volume knob and scout) does nothing. Drivers cannot be installed, firmware can't detect anything. What to do im so tired with this thing...?
Since this device is powered from a usb connector is it possible that your computer's usb system simply does not have enough power to activate this device? This might explain why it works on your friend's computer but not yours. If you have an external another usb c power source you could try it with that and see if it functions properly. The instructions that come with the device indicate that there is an optional external power device, maybe you could get one of those.

May 18, 2022

The support gave me a new beta version of the command. You can download here : DOWNLOAD
It worked for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: darkknight302