Sound Card and Headphones / Mic recommendations

Kiaeneto

Commendable
Apr 9, 2017
I'm looking at upgrading my headset that I use from the on-board audio from my ASUS ROG Maximus IX Code mobo. I was looking at Audio-Technica ATH-AD900X and like a blue yeti with a sound card that I haven't looked into so much. I'm open to brands like Audio-Technica, Sennheiser or Klipsch. I'm using the headphones for gaming to hear gun fire, footsteps and voice only. Let me know what you recommend and why. Thanks.

Solution

I recently bought the Sennheiser GSP 350 headphones and am happy with them. They're relatively light, have high fidelity sound reproduction and I really love the volume knob. I chose to put my money in hi-fi rather than RGB lighting for a particular price point since I don't look at my headphones while I'm playing...

nettravnorm

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2010

I recently bought the Sennheiser GSP 350 headphones and am happy with them. They're relatively light, have high fidelity sound reproduction and I really love the volume knob. I chose to put my money in hi-fi rather than RGB lighting for a particular price point since I don't look at my headphones while I'm playing. Mostly playing Clancy's Division and the 7.1 Dobly Surround is good quality. Sound is a big part of this game and these headphones don't disappoint.
Had a slight issue with the software install. Mic wasn't working in Division so I had to reinstall but had no prob with reinstall and has worked fine ever since.
Using a Power Spec G313, MSI Z170A motherboard with ALC887 Realtek sound chipset

Solution