[SOLVED] Sound card and USB headphones

Ricco1970

Honorable
Aug 27, 2014
I currently have no sound card in my PC due to a lack of space from running 2 video cards in SLI. I just purchased a new video card and should have ample room now. I am interested in getting an internal sound card to improve my sound quality for gaming and music. However i currently only have USB connected headphones, and may be getting wireless headphones for Xmas which i assume will also be connected via a USB connection. How can i use a soundcard with only 3.5 mm jacks and still have USB connection for headphones? Is there a work around for that? If i use a female USB to 3.5mm jack so that i can plug it into a sound card, will i lose sound quality to the headphones? Any thoughts, ideas, or comments would be appreciated. Thanks.

Solution
As I understand things, USB headphones have their own "soundcard" and don't use any other sound device. You are at the mercy of the drivers.

Personally I don't like and won't use any USB sound thing. No headphones, no speakers, no mics, nothing. USB is fine for many things but not audio in my opinion. If it's the only way you have to make it work then fine. But from what I've seen, and things have got much better over the years, USB just isn't cut out for audio duty. That's my long way of saying you need new headphones.

4745454b

Titan
As I understand things, USB headphones have their own "soundcard" and don't use any other sound device. You are at the mercy of the drivers.

Personally I don't like and won't use any USB sound thing. No headphones, no speakers, no mics, nothing. USB is fine for many things but not audio in my opinion. If it's the only way you have to make it work then fine. But from what I've seen, and things have got much better over the years, USB just isn't cut out for audio duty. That's my long way of saying you need new headphones.

Solution