[SOLVED] Sound card doesn't work on startup (but after a little while?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 22, 2021
First post, registered to ask this question.

I got a Xonar SE soundcard not long ago to fix an unshielded "whine" noise from my integrated that happened whenever I did anything graphics intensive. Worked like a charm no whine, sounds better.

My problem now is that Windows 10 does not detect it immediately on startup anymore, it can take minutes before it shows up in device manager and then works like it should. I've done the usual steps: reseating the card, reinstalling drivers, disabling onboard audio (works anyway with it enabled), updating BIOS, scanning for hardware changes. Even scanning the OS for corrupted files and repairing (there were some funny enough), checking disk health.

So anyway I re-enabled my onboard audio to get some kind of sound normally and noticed something very odd, when the installed soundcard starts working my computer makes a USB connected noise. The card goes into a PCI slot on my motherboard so is my OS or BIOS having a problem and can't detect it properly? Once it is detected it works perfectly no problems until the next system restart.

Solution
Nov 22, 2021
Windows 10 Home
Mobo: X470 Gaming Plus MS-7B79 (Updated to latest BIOS today)
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X
GFX: RTX 2060 Super
RAM: 32GB 2933MHz
Sound Card: ASUS Xonar SE PCIe 5.1 Gaming Sound Card
Drives: 1 Mechanical 2 SSD

2 Monitors, main is 144Hz uses display port, secondary is 60Hz uses HDMI

Nov 22, 2021
Sorry for the double post but there is an app that installs with the driver that would start up on it's own on system startup but it won't and when I manually start it, it says "Can't find any Device". Even now when the sound card is actually working after having the system booted for a while the app still will not start with the same error.

Want to say again drivers have been reinstalled already.

Nov 22, 2021
I think the GFX card might be covering the other slot but as a small update, the sound card has the problem when I put the pc to sleep and wake it back up as well (It does start working faster than a full restart). May be a hardware problem at this point so I'm going to see if I can install the card in another computer to see if the motherboard or the card is faulty.

Reactions: rgd1101
Status
Not open for further replies.