[SOLVED] Sound Card Driver for the latest Win 10

d_animality

Reputable
May 9, 2019
Hello, i have updated Windows 10 to the latest one (i think its 1909) cant remember the version number exactly but its the latest now...

and after the windows update my sound card is not working, it causes BSOD, its Sound Blaster Audigy Value

i already installed the most recent driver that i can find frm the website for my card but it is still not working.... causes BSOD everytime i tried to Test the sound

.... is there anyway i can revert back my windows to the original Windows 10...? i have checked under recovery and it says that i already passed 10 days.. or maybe theres a workaround about the driver?

and how to enable the sound card from my mobo? cause it is not listed in the device manager... incase i ran out of option... i think its not work as best as the audigy that is why i turned it off

can someone help me? its an old computer and it can run the win10 perfectly until this recent update...

Lutfij

Titan
The latest version of Windows 10 is 2004(May Update). You should make sure you're on the latest BIOS for your motherboard as well. Also, if you performed an update(and not a clean install) you should have the option to restore to a previous point.

Might want to run us by your system's specs. Please include/list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
Soundcard:
GPU:
PSU:

Where did you source the drivers for the sound card from? I'm seeing this as the only option. You could source drivers versions that aren't meant for Windows 10 but install them on Windows 10 using compatibility mode, i.e Right click installer>Compatibility tab>Windows 7/8 (from the drop down menu)>Apply and then run the installer like so, Right installer>Run as Administrator.

If you want to enable the onboard sound card, you're going to have to remove the discrete sound card first.

d_animality

Reputable
May 9, 2019
The latest version of Windows 10 is 2004(May Update). You should make sure you're on the latest BIOS for your motherboard as well. Also, if you performed an update(and not a clean install) you should have the option to restore to a previous point.

Might want to run us by your system's specs. Please include/list your specs like so:
CPU: Q6600
Motherboard: ABIT IP35 Pro
Ram: 8GB DDDR2
SSD/HDD: 2 X WD BLack 3.5inch
Soundcard: Audigy Value
GPU: GTX
PSU: Corsair Gold

Where did you source the drivers for the sound card from? I'm seeing this as the only option. You could source drivers versions that aren't meant for Windows 10 but install them on Windows 10 using compatibility mode, i.e Right click installer>Compatibility tab>Windows 7/8 (from the drop down menu)>Apply and then run the installer like so, Right installer>Run as Administrator.

If you want to enable the onboard sound card, you're going to have to remove the discrete sound card first.

To answer your question, the link for the driver that you provided is the same driver that i downloaded.

as for the windows restore point, nothing is left there before the update... looking at your recommendations on sourcing drivers, im so blur right now as where can i get it now

and regarding the onboard sound card, this might be the last option i have ill give it a try later too