[SOLVED] Sound Card Reccomendations

Jan 29, 2021
Due to a motherboard issue that may or may not be my fault, I have decided that I need to invest in a sound card. I don't need anything nice, but I literally have no idea where to even start looking. Do I get like an external USB situation? Do I fill up my second PCIE slot with something internal? Is it a better idea to get something >$100 or will something in the $25-$50 range work?
Any and all advice is appreciated!

System:
Windows 10
Ryzen 5 2600
MSI GTX 1650 (LP Edition)
Asrock B450M
Seasonic S12-500W 80+ Bronze Certified
TeamGroup 512GB SATA SSD
16GB DDR4 Oloy RAM (8GBx2)
Cougar MX330

Post regarding motherboard issues: https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/no-audio-coming-through-3-5mm-ports.3687923/

I read your other thread, where you stated than audio is fine when coming from the GTX 1650 HDMI port.
If you want audio to come from the 3.5mm audio jack, then you need to switch
from Nvidia High Definition Audio to Realtek Audio in the Audio Settings.

Getting another audio device might not have any effect.

popatim

Titan
What type of audio system do you have or wish to? 9.2 dolby requires something more then just your basic $20 card.

If you're looking to get about the same as your motherboard then most cheap cards will work.
For something better an Asus Xonar Se or Soundblaster Fx or Rx. for typically $40-70

Jan 29, 2021
I read your other thread, where you stated than audio is fine when coming from the GTX 1650 HDMI port.
If you want audio to come from the 3.5mm audio jack, then you need to switch
from Nvidia High Definition Audio to Realtek Audio in the Audio Settings.

Getting another audio device might not have any effect.

Yeah, I've tried that. I've also tried making sure nothing is disabled, but there's no change.

Jan 29, 2021
What type of audio system do you have or wish to? 9.2 dolby requires something more then just your basic $20 card.

If you're looking to get about the same as your motherboard then most cheap cards will work.
For something better an Asus Xonar Se or Soundblaster Fx or Rx. for typically $40-70

I'm no audiophile, so honestly something in the same range as my motherboard will do fine.