sound card suggestions

heavyartillary9

Respectable
Sep 29, 2016
hi, so I built a new pc and onboard audio wont work, so I got a pci sound card (asus xonar dg) that also didn't work, I think my pci slots don't work, can anyone suggest a good pcie/ usb audio I can get pretty cheap ? I'm on a pretty tight budget so I cant go above 25$ right now. I know its a pretty tight budget, but any help would be appreciated, I don't mind buying used

audie-tron25

Reputable
Mar 23, 2015
You're in a bit of a tough situation. If we assume that your PCI slots don't work (if the Xonar doesn't work in it, it's a possibility), you would have to go USB which generally have a premium over PCI based sound-cards. I would be hesitant to recommend a decent USB sound card because it would likely cost more than $25 which you could put towards a new motherboard.

Although it probably won't sound as good as your Xonar, this should be able to last you long enough to save up for a new motherboard (or until you find the problem):
- https://www.amazon.com/Aluminum-External-Headphone-Microphone-Compatible/dp/B014ANW4VU/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1475556469&sr=8-12&keywords=usb+audio+adapter

I chose this because it lists the sound chip it uses, which at least gives it some credibility (C-Media have a history in sound chips including the Xonar DG).

heavyartillary9

Respectable
Sep 29, 2016
well the other thing is, neither of the pci slots work, but both of my pcie x16 work for my gpu, so I'm kinda confused as to what it might be, I'm somewhat decent at pc and trouble shooting, but this has completely stumped me