Sound Card with S/PDIF 5.1/7.1 compatible with x99a Godlike Gaming Carbon Motherboard

Jan 16, 2019
I am having a hard time understanding what type of sound card I can get. I got a x99a Godlike Gaming Carbon motherboard. It seems to only have slots for graphics cards to my eyes, and I am fairly newbie when it comes to closer knowledge of these slots and what they support. All I know is that it has no PCIe slot, which makes it really confusing for me to get a sound card. As almost all sound card seem to have PCIe.

As description said, I need one that supports 5.1 (though 7.1 will support that too, so either way) with an S/PDIF outlet (This may seem redundant as the motherboard itself has such an outlet, but it isn't. They didn't pay for the Dolby, so the outlet is locked to 2.0.)
I want to hook it up to my home theatre. The analog cord that came with my home theatre system itself is only 6 feet long, so using that is not an option.

I am also open to any bridge adaptors for my PCIe card if there aren't any compatible cards to be found.

I am running Windows 10 on that particular PC, just in case OS compatibility should be a factor.

Any help so I can enjoy proper 5.1 sound on my computer would be much appreciated. I have been trying to solve this for quite some time now with no success.

Jan 16, 2019

By "comp" do you mean my computer? If so, right now it isn't connected to anything sound related except for my gaming headset. I want to connect it to my 5.1 home theatre. I got one of those made by Logitech that are not all that big. Costs like 300 dollars, but gives incredible sound for the money. Mine is so old and has lasted for so many years, I would not be able to find the specific system I got. I leave a link at the bottom to a newer model of the same type of system. I need a card that is compatible with an S/PDIF outlet. The analog cable cannot be found in anything longer than 6 feet. While optical cabels you can get 30 feet no problem.

I am not entirely sure I am getting what you are asking. Pardon my ignorance, but now you see why I need help. Hehe. I did ironically enough build both my computers myself, it seems my knowledge was quickly outdated by progress. Thanks for any help you can offer. It is appreciated greatly!

LINK TO NEWER MODEL OF THE SAME SOUND SYSTEM I AM CURRENTLY USING:
https://www.netonnet.no/art/data-og-nettbrett/tilbehor/hoyttalereoghoyttalere/hoyttalere/logitech-z906/154888.11027/?gclid=CjwKCAiA4t_iBRApEiwAn-vt-9DOuAww0pxpsaqFmQ84SJlY98-K92yOc_Z17U_GYZWs6GThasSfnhoC80EQAvD_BwE

Jan 16, 2019

As stated in my post, my MOBO didn't pay for Dolby, and as such is locked to 2.0. Which means no 5.1, only 2.0. The analog gives 5.1 of course, but again, the cable is only 6 ft. Which is way too short. Which is why I need a card with such an outlet, so I can use an optical solution instead.