Question Sound connection problems and Microphone problems!?

George_141

Reputable
Oct 24, 2016
So i have 2 pc's in my room. One of them is my girlfriend's PC. So we gonna call them PC1 and PC2.

So for a long time now, PC1 microphone just doesn't work. I tried to connect it in the back or in the front panel of the PC but it doesn't work. I tried to reinstall realtek drivers, i tried to look up on the cables but everything is connected, i tried headphones with working microphone and is not working. (I know the mic is good because i tried it on PC2). I just don't know where and what to look for at this point.

Now, problems with PC2. I lose audio connection while chatting with friends, but i don't lose the game audio. I mean, for example, we play Fortnite and we use In-Game voice chat. Sometimes i just can't hear them and they can't hear me. The thing is PC1 doesn't have this problem, and sometimes we both play the same games but only PC2 lose the audio connection(Again, except the game audio).And the only way to hear them again and for them to hear me, is to wait the next game. I don't know where the problem is. I use wired connection and my connection is 1gb/s unlimited data. Same with discord. Sometimes we are in a voice chat in discord, and i lose connection from nowhere doing nothing. I have to exit the voice chat group and rejoin to work again.

I'm not that bad with PC's, but i've never encountered this type of problem. I just don't know what to do.

On both pc's i tried to do clean install drivers, windows 10 PRO. i think i reinstalled the windows 3 times already with 0 progress. I just don't know what to do, and is so annoying. PC1 is also kinda new. I bought it 2 years ago, and PC2 is kinda really old.

George_141

Reputable
Oct 24, 2016
As a start I would check router settings. Might also check in "privacy" within Windows 10 settings if that applies. I chased an issue all over in regards to mic/discord just to find I had the mic turned off in privacy.

Sorry for the late respons, but it is turned on in windows.

Device manager also show no errors. I tried to even put a webcam with buildin microphone that came with an USB and still didn't work.