Question sound cuts out

Jul 12, 2019
Hey
So I've been having an issue lately with my sound. It just randomly cuts out for 5 seconds whenever I'm playing for example Fortnite (I play on high settings so it's kind of a heavy game). But when I play Minecraft or just a light game, I don't have this problem.
I tried things like updating the drivers stuff but it doesn't help.
I think it's my power supply, because I've a 450W and I have an I7 and a gtx 1060 So I'm going to upgrade it to a 750W but I just want to make sure, is it my power supply and should I upgrade it, or is it something else.
Thanks in advance

Jul 12, 2019
Hey
So I've been having an issue lately with my sound. It just randomly cuts out for 5 seconds whenever I'm playing for example Fortnite (I play on high settings so it's kind of a heavy game). But when I play Minecraft or just a light game, I don't have this problem.
I think it's my power supply, because I've a 450W and I have an I7 and a gtx 1060 So I'm going to upgrade it to a 750W but I just want to make sure, is it my power supply and should I upgrade it, or is it something else.
Thanks in advance

Hey
Thanks in advance

Higher wattage doesn't mean better PSU. You DO NOT need a 750W PSU for your build. You only need 450W for your build. You just want a GOOD 450W. 750W is enough for SLI, Crossfire or a Xeon build. Not an i7 with a GTX 1060.

What is the make and model of your PSU?

Not sure the problem is PSU anyways. Not quite sure why you think it is. If you overtax a PSU, very selective problems like "sound cuts out" doesn't happen. If a voltage drops from overloading it, it's not like it only drops to one circuit.