Sound drivers for dell optiplex 745

Status
Not open for further replies.

infliction2120

Honorable
Apr 6, 2012
I can't find a driver for my Dell Optiplex 745 running Windows 7. When I try to use the driver on the Dell support site it tells me: The HDA Audio Bus Driver is required and not found. I have searched all over the Dell support pages and can't find any information on this. How can I resolve this issue? Thank you.

windryyder

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2011

BlackDeath

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2009

You can use the Vista drivers, make sure you have the Vista 32bit or Vista 64bit driver depending on your Win7 operating system. . It will typically unzip the files to c:\dell\ (Letter number) What tends to happen is it might say it can not install because it is not the right operating system. Manually install the drivers by going to device manager then click on the device and update drivers and point it to c:\dell\ (Letter number) it should install the .inf and .dll files and you should then be all set and have sound.

wilbrik

Honorable
Apr 10, 2012

That driver will not install on Windows 7 32-bit.

I'm having the same problem as OP. The Vista driver appears to work, but generates an error message when your machine boots, which is annoying.

I also haven't tested full functionality of the sound card with the Vista driver, so it may not be fully compatible.

infliction2120

Honorable
Apr 6, 2012
Thanks for the responses. I did get the sound working. First and foremost, the Vista Drivers on the Dell site do work but you also have to go into BIOS to ensure that your sound is enabled. Took alot of searching the net and trying different solutions to get the correct answer. Also there is actually a HP driver that is needed as well, I just can't remember where I found it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS