Sound from speakers only works after reset

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Captainn

Honorable
Oct 17, 2013
Hi guys,

I have Logitech Z333 speakers for my desktop PC which I bought in 2015. For as long as I can remember, and possibly right from the start, I have not been able to get any sound to come out of them when I turn the PC on for the first time. For some reason, starting and then resetting fixes the problem but I know that without fail they will not work when I first turn the machine on.

This problem does not affect earphones or headsets. I can get sound to come from them without any problems.

I'm pretty tech savvy but this is a new one on me. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Solution
Try the speakers using another audio source: e.g., CD player, iPod, iPad, another computer....

Update the audio device drivers on your PC. Could be some old bug that fails to detect or establish the correct/default audio port at first boot.

Ralston18

Titan
Try the speakers using another audio source: e.g., CD player, iPod, iPad, another computer....

Update the audio device drivers on your PC. Could be some old bug that fails to detect or establish the correct/default audio port at first boot.

Solution

The_Captainn

Honorable
Oct 17, 2013
Thanks buddy. They worked perfectly with my laptop and in the end downloading the latest Realtek High Definition Audio drivers seemed to solve the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.