[SOLVED] Sound in games is low

KarolisKamiu

Reputable
Jan 15, 2020
Hello, im currently i am currently verry lost. My problem is sound in games is low... Dont know when it started actually, using headset only. So when i use aimp3 music player, soundcloud or youtube sound is ok and normal as it always been. But if i start some steam games or even forza horizon 4 from microsoft store, sound in game is too low dont know what to do really. Also i reinstalled windows it didnt helped but i am thinking its something with latest windows updates... Please help me with this :(

Solution
Ok guys case is solved! The problem is in headset, took my phone earphones and the sound was mutch harder, now need new headset! Thank you for all your help :)

Hard to understand how music is fine but in game it just plays low volume, but it is how it is when tested with other headset :)

ankit213506

Great
Feb 24, 2020
You can increase the sound of the game in the Game's setting. Increase the sound of the default system. If still this is not working then check your headphones. You are getting issues with headphone.

KarolisKamiu

Reputable
Jan 15, 2020
You can increase the sound of the game in the Game's setting. Increase the sound of the default system. If still this is not working then check your headphones. You are getting issues with headphone.

Yeah I'll tryed all the basics actually like all sound options and all volume stuff. All right gonna try to check headphones, gonna let u know how it went. Than you for your reply 🙂👍

Mohan_27

Reputable
Jun 2, 2017
So you've tried in game sounds.

What headphones are you using first?
Can you use different headphones? Or maybe plug the headphones in your phone and see if the sound works normally. Try different ones, or even earphones, and see if the low sound problem still persists. If it does then we know its a problem with your system and not the headphones itself.

KarolisKamiu

Reputable
Jan 15, 2020
So you've tried in game sounds.

What headphones are you using first?
Can you use different headphones? Or maybe plug the headphones in your phone and see if the sound works normally. Try different ones, or even earphones, and see if the low sound problem still persists. If it does then we know its a problem with your system and not the headphones itself.

Im using corsair gaming void, the thing is sound has problems only in games so i wont test it on my phone... This quarantine stuff is limiting moovements u know, first im gonna try to check headphones completely.

KarolisKamiu

Reputable
Jan 15, 2020
Does the sound work with just specific games

Not really, checked microsoft store game Forza Horizon 4 and some steam games and sound is low in games. But if i turn on youtube, soundcloud anything in desktop sound plays high as always been. And for me its not easy to test headphones really atm, i went to my friends house with my headphones. But he has budget mobo and his cheap headphones so result sound is low even on desktop and in game even lower. Corsair Gaming Void is not superior headset, but in my experience pretty strong for gaming and nice for music with the bass and all stuff... At the moment im confused how should i test them :S Because i have to put games in other pc's to test this <Mod Edit> ...

Last edited by a moderator:

KarolisKamiu

Reputable
Jan 15, 2020
Ok guys case is solved! The problem is in headset, took my phone earphones and the sound was mutch harder, now need new headset! Thank you for all your help :)

Hard to understand how music is fine but in game it just plays low volume, but it is how it is when tested with other headset :)

Solution