Mother Board... Asus Maximus V Extreme
Sound Card... Asus Xonar Phoebus
Video Card.... Asus GTX670-DC2-4GD5
Web Cam.... Logitech HD Pro C90
Memory... 16GB
Processor i7-3770K

Operating System... Windows 10 Pro X64 from Windows 7 Pro X64
QiMJpRG.png

This is more information than you need to help me but better more than less at this point.

I updated last night and contrary to public opinion, I like it, made some tweaks and changed update and upgrade settings but it seems to work well.

Except the sound quality, wow, there must be something I have wrong because no one in their right mind would send out an OS with sound issues like I am having.

The Phoebus came with Dolby Home Theater V4, unfortunately (and I have followed every option available I could find on the net) it will not install in Windows 10.

Before losing Dolby I could hear my speakers throughout the house, now I am doing good to hear them sitting in front of the computer.

What are my options?
I would love to have my speakers working as before, but anything is better than this.

Thank you for looking.

UncleWick

Commendable
Jul 29, 2016
While I am grateful for your reply as well as the information provided, I must question how this pertains to my situation.

I (unlike many others I have just learned) had no issues with Dolby Home Theater. When in the room with my computer my volume setting would be at or near 18% before the upgrade.

As you can see from the above image, it must be at 50% for the same result.

As for the “onboard” sound. My mistake for not mentioning it... Prior to posting here I uninstalled all sound drivers, went to Asus site for my Motherboard and installed the sound drivers from there. Went to the site for the sound card and did the same.

If I were to have my volume this high before the upgrade my neighbors would have been listening too, as it is I can hardly hear it outside the room at more than twice the volume.

I don't care about “Dolby” by name, I just want/need a “replacement software” or figure out what I have set wrong so the sound is of a similar quality and volume.

Thank you again for look.

Status
Not open for further replies.