Sound not playing through speakers.

YoungIT

Honorable
Feb 4, 2014
Hello all, I am a pretty self-reliant type of person when it comes to computer hardware/software stuff. I am finishing up my bachelor's degree in Electronics/Computer Engineering Technology, so I "theoretically" should never have to ask for help again *rolls eyes*

Anywho, my problem is stemming from my motherboard, at this point I believe. Basically, I can play Youtube videos, play music through windows media player, load Squad on Steam, and absolutely nothing will play through my speakers, my headset, or even a TV if I hook an HDMI cable to it. The volume mixer, as you see in the picture, shows that there is audio playing, but it's somehow not linking it up to my speakers, and the volume mixer is showing audio levels on every front, except the speakers. It's not a matter of I can't hear it, it's a matter of my PC isn't plugging it through the speakers output.

This all sort of started happening yesterday afternoon after I got a BSOD saying that "driver IRQL not less than or equal to". It didn't happen directly after, but a few hours later.

So far, I've tried:
-Uninstall and Reinstall Realtek Audio Drivers
-Uninstall and Reinstall Virtual Audio Cable
-Windows Restore to 1/3/19
-Uninstall and Reinstall Avast
-Scan with Malwarebytes to see if a PUP is blocking audio transmission
-Chkdsk
-Startup scan with Avast

Nothing has even remotely started me in the right direction. I will appreciate any help anyone can give me!

Link to picture:

https://ibb.co/BK1f2FC

YoungIT

Honorable
Feb 4, 2014
So far I've reinstalled Windows, which worked for all of 24 hours, then it decided to cut out my audio again. I'm just going to completely wipe the hard drive with Windows installer and start over again, possibly install Linux on a backup drive.