Sound Not Working (Progressive Problem)

FelixVincent

Honorable
Oct 2, 2014
So my sound has simply stopped working for the third time now and by stopped working I mean no audio where should be audio anywhere files or internet etc. The first time it happened was after my computer was shut down and turned back on. The second and third were the same.
Its not a driver problem i have updated all my drivers including GPU ones. I have gone to the playback sound tab and fiddled there to no avail. Its not the headphones because they work on other devices. The last two time this has happened I have had to reset windows 10 and it fixed it but Im getting sick of having to re-download everything. So Im trying to find out how i can either prevent it or fix it without an OS reset.

System Specs:
CPU: i5 4690K
MOBO: Gigabyte Z97 SOC-Force
GPU: EVGA GTX 960 SSC
PSU: EVGA Supernova NEX 650w
HDD: 500GB WD

Solution
Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall your sound card.
- Once uninstalled reboot your PC and that should reinstall the driver automatically.
- Lastly run Windows Update and make sure all the updates are installed.
- Reboot your laptop for all the changes to take effect.
- If all these doesn't work you may need to download and install any driver update from the manufacturers website.
- Also try to just rollback the driver and see if that will make any changes.
Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall your sound card.
- Once uninstalled reboot your PC and that should reinstall the driver automatically.
- Lastly run Windows Update and make sure all the updates are installed.
- Reboot your laptop for all the changes to take effect.
- If all these doesn't work you may need to download and install any driver update from the manufacturers website.
- Also try to just rollback the driver and see if that will make any changes.

Solution

FelixVincent

Honorable
Oct 2, 2014

Just thought it best you know I had tried all those things already and i still have my problem but sort of know what is causing it (when the power cuts of to my pc without it shutting down) i just wanted to close this thread