[SOLVED] Sound not working

joeacejr15

Reputable
Jul 11, 2018
What I tried:

1. Reinstalling drivers - Did not work.
  2. Made sure everything was plugged in - nothing.
  3. Tried a different computer and different sound port (front of case) - this worked

I want it plugged in the back of the case, however the port back there is not working. Any other suggestions? Do those usb to female aux ports work any good?

Thank you!

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

What audio device are you plugging into the back port? Are you plugging the device into a 1/8" (3.5mm) jack? Which jack (color, label?)

[Note: I believe a jack because you seem to be asking about a USB to female port adapter and that would be USB to 1/8" (3.5mm) adapter if I follow correctly. If I am incorrect - clarify accordingly.]

On your computer right click the small speaker icon usually located in the lower right screen corner.

The right click will open a window with 4 or 5 audio related menu items. Each item will, in turn, lead to other windows, tabs, and properties.

Explore the current audio configurations but do not immediately change anything. Make note of anything that does not seem to be as you would expect.

Then try making a change (but only one change at a time) to re-enable the audio.

joeacejr15

Reputable
Jul 11, 2018
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

What audio device are you plugging into the back port? Are you plugging the device into a 1/8" (3.5mm) jack? Which jack (color, label?)

[Note: I believe a jack because you seem to be asking about a USB to female port adapter and that would be USB to 1/8" (3.5mm) adapter if I follow correctly. If I am incorrect - clarify accordingly.]

On your computer right click the small speaker icon usually located in the lower right screen corner.

The right click will open a window with 4 or 5 audio related menu items. Each item will, in turn, lead to other windows, tabs, and properties.

Explore the current audio configurations but do not immediately change anything. Make note of anything that does not seem to be as you would expect.

Then try making a change (but only one change at a time) to re-enable the audio.

I am connecting speakers to the back of the motherboard, but they work on the front of the motherboard. Nothing seemed odd in the sound settings. Yes, the jack you are talking about is correct.