[SOLVED] Sound, Pleease help!

davidipek

Prominent
May 9, 2018
I downloaded a sound driver from a random site and after my sound didn't work it only shows that it records it but i don't hear it!

Solution
Assuming windows:
1-
Make sure it didn't install any third party software and probably best do a virus scan with MBAM or equivalent. (Please don't use random drivers again ;)!)
2-
Disable automatic driver install
3-
Uninstall all sound related drivers in Device manager (devmgmt.msc), there may be two sections for this if so uninstall from both.
4-
Go to your motherboard manufacturer website and search for the model you have. Once you have found it go to the download section and look for the Audio drivers (There will probably will multiple to install), the Mobo manufacturer may advise to go to the Sound card manufacturers website if they handle the drivers, i believe it differs depending on which mobo you have. either way just make...

Reputable
Jun 29, 2016
Assuming windows:
1-
Make sure it didn't install any third party software and probably best do a virus scan with MBAM or equivalent. (Please don't use random drivers again ;)!)
2-
Disable automatic driver install
3-
Uninstall all sound related drivers in Device manager (devmgmt.msc), there may be two sections for this if so uninstall from both.
4-
Go to your motherboard manufacturer website and search for the model you have. Once you have found it go to the download section and look for the Audio drivers (There will probably will multiple to install), the Mobo manufacturer may advise to go to the Sound card manufacturers website if they handle the drivers, i believe it differs depending on which mobo you have. either way just make sure it is from the manufacturer and for the correct model/OS
5-
Once drivers are installed restart pc
6-
Re-enable automatic driver install
7- test sound.

Hopefully that works :)

Solution