Question Sound popping/crackling on multiple PC builds across different versions of Windows.

Dec 26, 2021
Hey, so over the last 2-3 years ive experienced a sound "pop" issue when there some sort of high volume/high pitch audio plays and rapidly changes volume or when i pause a video WHILE some sort of audio is playing, the louder the audio is the more noticable of a pop it makes.

The issue here is that its been happening to me on 3 different PC builds across multiple windows platforms (10 and 11) - i also mightve put this in the wrong category so if anyone knows where this should be u can move it there. Thanks!
First PC was an old PC ive had since like 2016, the PC was crashing a lot so i thought there was a faulty component that was causing the issue. I practically bought a completely different computer except for the GPU(because that was during the mining boom where all GPUs were insanely overpriced) and the audio was still popping/crackling all the time. Just a week ago i built a completely new 7700X 6800XT build and when i installed windows and tested the sound the awful pops were still there.... and also its not a Headset issue as ive tried like 3 headsets, some of them USB and some of them jacks.

I practically tried everything i found on the internet, from random options in windows like Power plans, reinstalling all drivers, disabling/enabling XMP in BIOS and so on.. I even moved the entire computer to a completely different room in the house because i thought it might be caused by EMI - and still nothing.

The only thing all my computers have had in common are a Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse, a Corsair STRAFE Keyboard and the same electrical "Grid" ( English is not my main language so idk how to call it - the PC was always connected to an outlet in my house, even though it was in a different room sometime).

I am absolutely clueless about what to do or what to try, is it possible that either my mouse or my keyboard is somehow causing my audio to pop or maybe the electricity in our house is somehow "faulty" and is causing this? I am down to try practically anything that comes to anyones mind, ive been searching for an answer on the internet on and off for more than 2 years and there hasnt been anything that helped me. Thank you to anyone who tries!

Dec 26, 2021
What if i go to a different house where there should be no "dirty electricity", if thats the issue should the popping stop or is something damaged already? Not exactly sure how that works. Dont really wanna waste money to buy something ill use once :D

D

Deleted member 2935556

the popping in theory should stop if you move to a different place
if it continues it is the power supply that is making it make the sound
it could also be a faulty headphone jack on the case which you can replace by buying a new connector

Dec 26, 2021
As i said, i built a completely new computer a week ago so the PSU is not the issue, or shouldnt be at least(unless it instantly damages the PSU the second i connect it).. And neither is the Jack because im currently using USB wireless headphones and it still pops.. Tried wired headphones with a jack and also mobile headphones and it did the pops on all of them.

I'll try to move to a different place tmrw and see how it goes. Thanks for your help so far! If anyone has any other ideas im willing to try out pretty much anything so shoot!