Question Sound problem in Windows 10

Nov 7, 2019
I am experiencing a sound problem in my system and I am not getting a way to fix it.
The problem is that I use headset for gaming and while gaming whenever I talk and my friend talk at the same time he hears a echo plus if I play a song in background while gaming (Example CSGO)My friends can hear the sound without me even using the press to talk key.For the issue I have tried uninstalling the drivers and installing again.
For the system built it just 20 days ago and from that day when I had set up everything I am experiencing this problem. Currently on Win ver 1803 haven't updated .Can anyone help me or suggest some ways to get this fixed cause it is frustrating and privacy concerns as my friends and people on the other side can hear every sound from my side without me even using the mic .I even disabled all the other input and outputs other than the default speakers and microphone.Any help please

Hello

Your first step should be to update Windows to its latest version. Since all the updates are free, there shouldn't be any problem during the process.

It is important because during the re-installation of the audio driver, it is most likely that its latest version was installed which might be incompatible with your version (1803) of the operating system.

Another thing you may want to do is, check for and update your BIOS. Many times doing so resolves most of the issues.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!!

Reactions: Monkeykind48
Nov 7, 2019
Hello sir I updated to the latest 1909Version of windows and it downloaded everything plus in settings i did see drivers related to Realtek I felt like the problem is fixed and started playing game but the issue is still there I am tired of trying to fix it .Checked internal wirings aswell it's all properly connected . Please help me I am very much tired of it can't take it anymore as I tried so many things on my own plus internet doesn't give me the proper results on Google this forum is my last hope for help please

Nov 7, 2019
Hello If you are asking about the windows OS build it is 18363.476 .The drivers first when I had built the pc I used windows updates to get the drivers and just set it up overall I believe it was Realtek drivers that were installed so that time I didn't had headset and used normal phone earphones to game still at that time also i had issue with sound, thinking that something might be wrong with earphones I bought headset as I connected them I thought it might fix the issue but it did not .What I tried was I disconnected the headsets and tried to connect again after uninstalling the Realtek drivers then in Device manager It would show me :-Headset drivers, microphone and Headset specifically in the sound options but with Realtek it shows me as Speakers and Microphone I did not install Realtek back again thinking that it were the Headset drivers which weren't detected at first still it did not fix the problem now after updating windows I am on realtek drivers and its the same I am very much confused on what is going.My friends buy headsets and stuff and they just plug it in and they are good to go i wonder why my system is giving me problems and I don't think its the hardware fault as its all new parts plus the connections are properly done please help ,thank you.I tried connecting from the front to the rear its the same aswell ;(.

Last edited:
you may or may not know that a lot of games have their own individual microphone settings that you can test to reduce echo and unwanted noise , I know for a fact all half life series have this option. Just recently I have noticed I cant alter my headset volume whilst in some games but their is a way round it , use ctrl and escape key so you don't have to log out then alter the volume , to get back in the game just click the games icon that will now be in the task bar.

unless you have already done so try the following...….

1. Go to device manager/ sounds and mic tabs then right click and uninstall drivers even if they dont have a yellow triangle on them. Windows will reinstall them on restart. 2. In sounds/playback tab right click and disable the realtek digital output. just above the icon when using SPEAKERS you should see a green tick in the speaker icon , right click if missing. When you plug in your headphones the icon will go out and if you scroll down you will see a new one for headphones . when you swap between speakers and phones it takes a few seconds to find new device. 3. check properties tab on both headphones .... green jack highlighted and microphone pink jack.
finally at bottom right corner where the speaker icon is change the tab to realtec high def audio , i have my volume at 50% because at 100% when I used headphones on level 2 so 50% makes headphone adjustment more user friendly.

Nov 7, 2019
you may or may not know that a lot of games have their own individual microphone settings that you can test to reduce echo and unwanted noise , I know for a fact all half life series have this option. Just recently I have noticed I cant alter my headset volume whilst in some games but their is a way round it , use ctrl and escape key so you don't have to log out then alter the volume , to get back in the game just click the games icon that will now be in the task bar.

unless you have already done so try the following...….

1. Go to device manager/ sounds and mic tabs then right click and uninstall drivers even if they dont have a yellow triangle on them. Windows will reinstall them on restart. 2. In sounds/playback tab right click and disable the realtek digital output. just above the icon when using SPEAKERS you should see a green tick in the speaker icon , right click if missing. When you plug in your headphones the icon will go out and if you scroll down you will see a new one for headphones . when you swap between speakers and phones it takes a few seconds to find new device. 3. check properties tab on both headphones .... green jack highlighted and microphone pink jack.
finally at bottom right corner where the speaker icon is change the tab to realtek high def audio , i have my volume at 50% because at 100% when I used headphones on level 2 so 50% makes headphone adjustment more user friendly.
Hello there as expected I did the steps and got the headphones
View: https://imgur.com/e3FaZZb

but when i tried to check if it is fixed it didn't work.The way I check is i open discord on pc and with another account on phone to check and connect to a single server and voice channel .The bottom right sound/volume slider even if I increase of decrease the volume the windows sound can be heard on the phones(Here phone is to be taken as a my friend and we are playing a game and he can here everything i do on my pc ),You play music,the notifications,in CSGO the bullet fires,any game the friend can here everything which I dont want to happen as normally it shouldn't.
I uninstalled the realtek drivers and restarted the pc and plugged the headphones so the headphones came up but what is the issue where am i doing it wrong I am not understanding it

If it makes any difference, I have used USB and Bluetooth headsets and haven't run into this issue. Definitely recommend USB over Bluetooth.

A lot of good things to try in this thread:

However, a lot of people are saying that your cheaper headsets will do this, so it may be worth it to invest in a better set.

Nov 7, 2019
If it makes any difference, I have used USB and Bluetooth headsets and haven't run into this issue. Definitely recommend USB over Bluetooth.

A lot of good things to try in this thread:

However, a lot of people are saying that your cheaper headsets will do this, so it may be worth it to invest in a better set.
I tried all the above ways still the issue is there this above thread is exactly qhat i am experiencing I don't know what is to be done and it's the drivers only whose messing it up and my friends use way cheaper ones than what even I have some usb and some pins and no the one I am using aren't Bluetooth ones like they don't experience any problems so that won't count to invest in much pricy ones when the fault is somewhere in the system software and not the hardware