Sound problem with earphones

Sep 28, 2018
Hey, I've seen this issue posted in a few places but to no avail I've tried following solutions and nothing seems to be working.

For some reason, sound only plays out of one side of my headphones. When the Realtek HD Audio manager appears, everything looks fine. The volume down the bottom is balanced etc. When I do a sound test, there is sound coming out of both, but the sound on the right side is significantly louder than the left. However, when I exit the sound test and just play videos or adjust the volume, sound purely comes out of the right side, nothing out of the left. Even though the test showed both sides working (with the left being much more quieter than the right), when i exit the test, purely the right side works. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling my Realtek driver, going into the Sound tab and trying to balance the sound (they're both on 100 yet sound only comes out of one side). Not an issue with the headphones as its the same with other headphones, and they work perfectly on other devices. Im not sure if I've accidentally done something to disrupt the sound but I really need help! It's so strange that it plays some degree of sound out of the left side during the test, but any other sound played such as watching internet videos purely comes out of the right.

Thank you in advance for your response

Solution
What case do you have? It could be a faulty connecter.

Either the case is screwing up or the HD audio port (case audio connector) is not plugged in properly
This might sound stupid, but make sure it's plugged in properly. Also try plugging it on a different place. If it's plugged to the case, plug it in the motherboard. And vice versa.

Also, check if all your drivers are up to date. You can use a software like Driver Booster 5 that will help you update all your drivers.

Sep 28, 2018
Hey, so I've tried using Avast Driver updater and everything seems to be fine. What you said worked! When i plugged it into the back of my computer using the audio point that my desktop speakers are normally plugged into, the sound comes out perfectly. Its just the front one where there's an audio inbalance. Does this mean there's something up with the settings??