Question Sound problems, and headphones are not being recognised ?

Aug 15, 2020
Hello,

For a long time now I've been having troubles with playback devices on my desktop PC.

1. There are too many of them, if possible, I don't want to see a list of all these devices every time I need to switch from headphones to speakers or vice versa. Just two that are currently being used that's it.

2. The computer doesn't switch to headphones automatically when I plug them, I need to do it manually. This is especially annoying because while using Premier Pro or After Effects in addition to changing it in Windows playback devices I also need to open Audio Hardware options inside of these programs to switch the audio output. Only then I will hear the sound through headphones or speakers.

3. The microphone on my headset doesn't work.

What I've tried so far:

I tried troubleshooting. Disabling all enhancements. etc.

I tried deleting ALL of the sound drivers through Device Manager. Everything in "Sound, video and game controller" as well as in "Audio inputs and outputs" but most of them would reappear after a restart (I would have 3 instead of 4 available playback devices in the list). I would then repeat the procedure of deleting everything but this time installing Realtek HD Audio Manager and then restarting. It would lead to 4 playback devices again.

I have just done a PC reset.

NOTHING SEEMS TO WORK. PLEASE HELP.

Playback devices I've got:

Realtek Digital Output (Realtek High Definition Audio)
Realtek HD Audio 2nd Output (Realtek High Definition Audio)
Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)
Digital Audio (HDMI) (High Definition Audio Device)

MotherboardGigabyte B450 AORUS ELITE: DDR4, USB 3.1 - RGB Ready
Windows 10 with all of the latest updates installed

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS