Question Sound problems when changing PC displays (home theater PC setup)

Jan 18, 2022
Hi,

So, I've had this problem on and off for a really long time and I've never been able to fix it or understand why it happens (or doesn't happen... it's inconsistent). Maybe someone can help me.

I've got my desktop PC connected to 2 displays. One is a monitor on my desk connected via DisplayPort, and the other is the living room TV connected via HDMI cable. Basically, it's a home office/gaming rig and a home theater PC at the same time. The TV is a Samsung Q95A, but I don't think that matters since I had this exact same problem with my old LG TV.

Now, I've got 2 different soundbars, one for the setup at my desk, and one that's connected to the TV. The problem is that when I change the display from my monitor to my TV, it doesn't also change the sound source. It will change the display to the TV, but the sound will still be coming from the wrong soundbar (the one on my desk). It wouldn't be so much of an issue to change the sound source, but the problem is that about 70% of the time, my PC doesn't detect the TV. I have to go into my sound settings and disable the soundbar that's on my desk, and only then does the TV pop up. It's a huge hassle to have to do this almost every time.

Has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone know why this happens/how to fix it? Cheers.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS