AMD A8 5600k CPU
4 GB Kingston HyperX RAM
GIGABYTE GA-F2A55M-HD2 FM2 AMD A55 Micro ATX AMD motherboard
Cooler Master i500 PSU
Western Digital WD Blue HDD
Antec VSK-4000 CASE
Radeon R9 270 GPU
Using tv as monitor

After months of using my system with no problem, I turned my system on one day with no audio working. I thought the MOBO's onboard audio was the problem, so bought an ASUS Xonar for my rig and it didn't fix the problem. Does anyone have any other ideas?

It use to say the speakers were working but now it says they aren't plugged in. The only way I can hear in my PC is through a cheap headset via USB; Does this mean the TV is the problem?
I'm going to buy a new headset so it isn't that big of an issue, but I still want to fix it.

Solution

Troubleshooting has to be done in parts to check where the problem is!
So the 3.5mm jacks are not working?
If working then try a new hdmi wire.
Try to get a Ubuntu linux from the website http://www.ubuntu.com/ and install it in a pendrive. Instructions are given on site. This is an operating system, virus free lifetime, no bottlenecks. This will check that the windows is not creating a problem, without reinstalling the windows. Or reinstall windows whatever you like!
Put some songs or video in another pendrive and check.
Also uninstall the drivers completly and use CCleaner. then do a fresh install of drivers.

harry_r_s

Honorable
Mar 28, 2013

Troubleshooting has to be done in parts to check where the problem is!
So the 3.5mm jacks are not working?
If working then try a new hdmi wire.
Try to get a Ubuntu linux from the website http://www.ubuntu.com/ and install it in a pendrive. Instructions are given on site. This is an operating system, virus free lifetime, no bottlenecks. This will check that the windows is not creating a problem, without reinstalling the windows. Or reinstall windows whatever you like!
Put some songs or video in another pendrive and check.
Also uninstall the drivers completly and use CCleaner. then do a fresh install of drivers.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS