[SOLVED] Sound problems

jtoya85

Honorable
Feb 27, 2018
Okay I guess I'll try this again in a fresh thread. I have been having a volume levels problem and even after a fresh install of Windows 10 build 2004 on a brand new system the problem seems to have followed me. Randomly "System Sounds" will move itself all the way down to 0-1% volume without me touching it and even after a restart.

Other programs are affected in much the same way. I will turn on Chrome and go to YouTube and find that the Chrome volume in the mixer was turned down to about 3% without me touching it, and sometimes Discord volume will be low as well. I have set Exclusive Mode controls at both enabled AND disabled for recording and playback of my headset and under the Communications tab I have it set to "do nothing". I have searched as much as I can through Google but I cannot find a fix that works and no one else has really described their problems in the same way that I am experiencing mine.

The ONLY thing that I have, that I know about, that can control any volume, besides the volume rocker on my headset, is Discord with it's sound attenuation so I can hear the people I am talking to without having to readjust volume levels for the games I play. I have talked to Discord support and because this is a random occurrence they couldn't really help that well. I am using the Corsair VOID elite wireless headset with an up-to-date iCUE software so I don't think that this is a sound card issue.

Please, can someone help me?

Solution
thanks for trying Hang-the-9 but it is most definitely the sound attenuation feature from Discord. I had turned it off for a little while and then back on again and noticed that the problem came back once I turned it back on.
Does this happen only on the wireless headset or when using speakers or other headsets with the 3.5mm jack on the computer? Your headset would not be using your computer sound card so check with Corsair support or check for firmware or drivers for the headset.

jtoya85

Honorable
Feb 27, 2018
The only other speakers are on the monitor and I rarely use them.

The volume slider itself in the volume mixer has been turned down though, at random times, and affecting almost any program that would make sound. It's not that I can't hear any sound when I adjust volume.

jtoya85

Honorable
Feb 27, 2018
thanks for trying Hang-the-9 but it is most definitely the sound attenuation feature from Discord. I had turned it off for a little while and then back on again and noticed that the problem came back once I turned it back on.

Solution