Sound Question-Easy Question

yo_yo2400

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010
In the sound thing in windows it shows 2 devices. Speakers and headphones. Those are my internal laptop speakers. Then theirs Communication Device my headset or anything i plug into the laptop. How can i take the programs from the first and play them thru the second without shutting off the first and not having sound after that. Its really really really annoying. I cant even use headphones for it. It shows up as communication device. Please help i m sick of not listening to music.

Thanks in advance.

illusio12

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2009
Hi yo_yo2400, if you plug something into the headphone socket on laptop, by default the sound to speakers is disabled.

Not sure, but dont think this default behaviour can be changed. If you want sound, but not in headphones you will need to plug some external speakers into headphone socket on laptop.

What is the make and model laptop you have, and what programs are you using ( from the first? ), this information will help us to help you!

PS, have you had sound before? are the sound drivers for you laptop installed? Pleaase update thread and will try to help.